Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Please no politics and I believe some formula/deal will be done but your thoughts. We flight from Cork in Ireland to Manchester on the 2nd of August and from Manchester to Orlando. We have around 2 hours between flights. In the event of a hard brexit/crashout what exactly happens do we have to go through British customs/clearance and how long would that take.
Equally I know a lot of Dibbers fly from the UK via Dublin and Shannon to avail of pre clearance what if any are the implications for them.
I completely understand that a lot of this would be guess work but would welcome peoples thoughts . Again please no politics
You will not be affected at all because under the Easter agreement you as an Irish citizen have the right travel freely between the Ireland & UK. That's nothing to do with any agreements with the EU

citizensinformation.ie/en...and_and_the_uk

Edited at 09:38 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

From how I understand everything I have read so far, there seems to be a period until 2020 when very little changes concerning travel. I expect to go through the non EU lines and possibly 6 months should be on a passport to travel, but I don’t think any extra restrictions or visas will be immediately enforced. I also heard that the agreement to use UK data etc on mobiles in the EU on your UK terms will stay the same until 2020 but after that we will lose the right to use our phones on the UK contract conditions.

I could be completely wrong, as I find the whole Brexit situation very confusing but that is how I have read it 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
You will not be affected at all because under the Easter agreement you as an Irish citizen have the right travel freely between the Ireland & UK. That's nothing to do with any agreements with the EU

citizensinformation.ie/en...and_and_the_uk
This is correct. Here is the current UK government position in the event of a no-deal Brexit

gov.uk/government/public...no-brexit-deal

Flights between Ireland and the UK will continue to be treated as domestic flights for immigration purposes.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It'll be interesting to see what happens with delay compensation
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Even without any agreement at all, airlines will still be able to fly directly between their home country and any other country. The problem could come if you were trying to fly between 2 countries which were not the home country of the airline. For example, trying to fly from Berlin to Madrid on a non-EU carrier.
IAG the parent company of both Aer Lingus and British Airways with a registered office in Spain...the EU I think have a rule that 51% of shares must either be held or traded cant remember which within the EU I'm sure they comply.
Feeling a lot better now. Though Michael OLeary of Ryanair (Never a man to pass a microphone) was quoted last year saying in a hard brexit that flights from the UK would essentially be grounded. Always thought that was nonsense
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
It'll be interesting to see what happens with delay compensation
At the moment it is one of the laws that will be adopted as is into British law, the obvious exception is that we could only enforce it on UK airlines (as we'd have no legal power of EU airlines anymore)

So flying BA or Virgin no difference

Flying KLM or Norwegian not covered

That's how it would be today but there is obviously the scope for discussion to bind airlines into the rules if they want access to UK landing slots - but this is obviously lower down the pecking order than actually just sorting out Brexit right now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Well what you describe is travel within the Common Travel Area. Normally controls in the CTA are minimal but both sides retain the right to implement checks as and when. CTA won't change. See below.

gov.uk/government/public...no-brexit-deal
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Sorry - but as the replies in this thread have shown - how would any of us know ?

Its all just theories and guesswork.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Might take a wee bit longer ...
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List