Notices

Old 1 Jul 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

Who knew February half term could be so cheap?

Look at my to do list:

To do:
Renew passports
Renew Estas
Laundrys card
Check virgin invoice
Book airport hotel
Travel insurance
Car hire
Airport parking
Finish the Christmas trip report

Yes, we have a new countdown! Details to follow!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

So, I've booked again! I've spent a fair few months scrutinising prices and getting quotes for next summer which were reasonable for school summer hols but because I have to have my annual tests for my ongoing health issue every June / July I thought that it wouldn't be a good idea to book for next August incase my test results next year are not good.

This rather depressing realisation led me to start looking at other school holiday dates as you do and I discovered that our February half term dates for 2019 were really quite cheap.

Now how many times do you see the words cheap and Florida in the same sentence? But this holiday quote from Virgin actually started with a £2 instead of a £6 or £7 or higher!

We're going to Sapphire Falls for 7nights in Feb. The plan is that we'll do Universal and maybe KSC and Discovery Cove, lots of shopping and eating out and if I'm lucky me and DS2 will sneak off for a day in the Magic Kingdom.

It's going to be a relaxed trip, if you've read my previous (as yet unfinished) trip report from Christmas 2017 then you'll know that DH and DS1 would rather stay at home than go on holiday anywhere so I booked Sapphire Falls so they can chill out by the pool and DS2 and I can go off and have fun

I am slightly gutted not to be going back to Disneyworld but that's life; I'm just glad I get to go back to Orlando again.

If I make it to 50 then I've decided we're going to go visit the mouse for my 50th celebrations!

Hopefully the weather out there will be warm and also we don't get snowed in at home like we did a few years ago in Feb half term - I've got an airport to get to on Feb 21st.

Now I've just go to tackle that to-do list

Edited at 04:16 PM.
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s fantastic! I read this before you’d edited the second post and I actually went to check prices for Feb and found the same as you, under £4K for us for seven nights Disney instead of the £7k it’s costing us in Aug for ten nights Disney! Deffo worth considering!

Sorry to hear you’ve got health problems but I love your attitude about making the most of things, off to read your previously unfinished trip report to get to know the fam!
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Glad to hear you've got another holiday booked! A cheeky trip over half term sounds great...now crack on with Christmas please, I'm patiently waiting for the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

We have just done universal and seaworld only for the first time in 10 years and loved it !

No booking, no planning, get up and go where you want, eat where you want ! Love love love
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kansaskitty View Post
That’s fantastic! I read this before you’d edited the second post and I actually went to check prices for Feb and found the same as you, under £4K for us for seven nights Disney instead of the £7k it’s costing us in Aug for ten nights Disney! Deffo worth considering!

Sorry to hear you’ve got health problems but I love your attitude about making the most of things, off to read your previously unfinished trip report to get to know the fam!
Hi, if this trip goes well then I might start a "Florida February" campaign in this house. Even my DH can't argue with these prices! Also, this heat we've had for the past few weeks has reminded me how much we struggled to cope with the weather in August so the cooler temps in Feb will suit us better.

I am on the case with my trip report. With the summer hols coming up I will definitely get it done!
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Glad to hear you've got another holiday booked! A cheeky trip over half term sounds great...now crack on with Christmas please, I'm patiently waiting for the next update.
Oh the shame of having a half-written trip report I will do it soon I promise!
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
We have just done universal and seaworld only for the first time in 10 years and loved it !

No booking, no planning, get up and go where you want, eat where you want ! Love love love
Well I am slightly concerned about the lack of planning required as I do love to book a restaurant or twelve. (I love a good spreadsheet too and a list -nerd alert!)

That's my main worry about this trip actually - how do I go about dining reservations. If this family does not eat when we want and where we want we all get seriously hangry

Glad you had such a good time only doing universal and Seaworld - but I'm not sure yet if we'll do seaworld again although I know Ds1 would love to go back to DC. Lots of decisions to make!
Old 20 Jan 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

I totally forgot I made this thread and I've gone and posted up another pre-trip report thread now as well - have a read of my whole trip report in the link in my signature.

Edited at 04:18 PM.