Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jan 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I think it's more about the loophole that you get 60 day fastpass booking for your whole holiday (albeit on a rolling basis) for 1 night onsite, not just your check-on and check-out day which is what you get for Universal.
Not for my boss. He's staying 10 nights on site and 4 nights off site - his 60 days were 3 weeks ago. He's got them for his on site stay but not his off site one. He rang Disney 3 times, spoke to 3 different people, and was told it's 30 days for the off site part, that the rolling basis for the off site part isn't true.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
You only get 60 days for the days you are booked to stay. Its 30 days for any days you are offsite. We are onsite for 10 days and the last 4 days of our ticket will be FP at 30 days.

Unless I've completely misunderstood the other postings on this matter

Edited at 06:12 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
It is still the same as it has always been. You will get the 10 days at 60 days. Then the last 4 days at a rolling 60 days. People think that means they can book the next day at day 61 but that is not the case. You need to wait until 60 days before the first day off site. So another 10 days after you book your first 10 days.

Don't bother ringing Disney to ask as they haven't got a clue how it works and will tell you that it is 30 days for off site. That is not the case. You have always had a rolling 60 days for off site.

Also if you did it the other way round. So 4 days off site then 10 days on site. The 4 days will also open up at 60 days before check in to your Disney hotel. So at 60 days you can book the lot rather than waiting for the 30 day mark after you have booked your 60 days worth.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
It is still the same as it has always been. You will get the 10 days at 60 days. Then the last 4 days at a rolling 60 days. People think that means they can book the next day at day 61 but that is not the case. You need to wait until 60 days before the first day off site. So another 10 days after you book your first 10 days.

Don't bother ringing Disney to ask as they haven't got a clue how it works and will tell you that it is 30 days for off site. That is not the case. You have always had a rolling 60 days for off site.

Also if you did it the other way round. So 4 days off site then 10 days on site. The 4 days will also open up at 60 days before check in to your Disney hotel. So at 60 days you can book the lot rather than waiting for the 30 day mark after you have booked your 60 days worth.
Ah, brilliant, thanks. Let's hope I manage to get what I want when the time comes.

Now I can see the appeal of the throwaway single night booking
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Not for my boss. He's staying 10 nights on site and 4 nights off site - his 60 days were 3 weeks ago. He's got them for his on site stay but not his off site one. He rang Disney 3 times, spoke to 3 different people, and was told it's 30 days for the off site part, that the rolling basis for the off site part isn't true.
Sorry, but it is true. Your boss is the only person I've ever come across who hasn't been able to get it to work for some reason ever since the system was introduced. If it didn't work, people would be soon be posting on here and the 1 night bookings for the benefit would be a thing of the past.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 06:47 PM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Sorry, but it is true. Your boss is the only person I've ever come across who hasn't been able to get it to work for some reason ever since the system was introduced. If it didn't work, people would be soon be posting on here and the 1 night bookings for the benefit would be a thing of the past.
I guess he didn't wait until 10 days after he made his 60 days FP+ and thought doesn't work. I am sure if he tried now it would.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I thought you only got free parking at the parks for the nights you have booked. Is that not the case?
Sorry, I didn't explain it well. The $250 is the maximum you could save with one Throwaway Booking from the Disney campsite, as it's got some unusual booking conditions.
Firstly, you can have up to TEN people booked against a single campsite, so you can get ten magicbands x $15 = $150.
Plus you can have up to two cars, with two days free parking at the parks - $25 x 2 x 2 = $100.
Total up to $250, for a campsite that actually costs less than $100 per night for everyone. If you're in a big group frankly it's a no brainer. Plus on top of that you get the 60 day FPP booking window as discussed widely.

I'll add as I said, with the 60day rolling fastpasses we got from this I've booked everything I wanted including three FoPs. Only SDD wasn't available at 60 days for when we're going, March.
SDMT and FoP were all afternoon fastpasses, but everything else was available from early morning.

Edited at 04:19 PM.
wycombedad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
If I don't you are welcome to pm me to remind me.
Haven’t pm’d you but how did you get on with booking your FPs?
(Our day is looming now and think I’m organised!)
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Haven’t pm’d you but how did you get on with booking your FPs?
(Our day is looming now and think I’m organised!)
Hi Fast pass day was today and my DH was in charge as I get flustered
I have a little info now that I specifically asked and that is the first FOP that was on our planned days that me managed to get was the the 5th day of our trip (so technically 4th as you cant count travel day )
We managed to get three slinky dog which was what we wanted at HS and 3 FOP.
We still have 7 more days to book but at least it won't all be in one go and less stressful.
If anyone has any specific questions I don't mind checking tonight

I know its sad but we had a plan of action to book Fop and slinky first on the days we wanted and then went back for things like rock and roller coaster , Tot, All the Mountains 7DMT etc...
I will warn you that Kali wasn't open for our dates (it is currently being refurbished and is due open I think for late March.
We set a spread sheet up to decide what rides we would book what day and what times will we be doing a later day or early.

Hope some of this info helps
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

And this is exactly why Disney should introduce a minimum of a 3 night stay for the 60 day FastPass perk
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List