Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 May 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
I have the app on my phone apparently you can open the car door using the app, not tried it yet.

I think you would struggle with 4 in a mustang and that is without luggage.
We had one last year and have one booked this year, the rear seat space is very small leg room in nothing, head room with roof up in the back is low.

Boot space is 2 cases and 2 hand luggage and maybe a few more items stuffed in
We were held on the plane for over an hour last Friday and when we went to the British garage we were given a fairly vanilla (air con, not climate control, fabric seats, no sat nav) Santa Fe Sport for our W class car. Didn't want to have to faff about looking at what else there was in the swap aisle too much, but I think that it should be renamed 'unwanted row' as they all looked like they were what was left when people swapped out for something better. Nothing of any interest at all. Upgrade row was a lot of Camaro's and Mustangs, which were no use to a family of 4.

The Santa Fe is fairly good, but as drive an i40 at home had hoped for something else... it's not bad to drive, especially in 'Sport' mode. Revs like a teenager in a Vauxhall Nova on the first day after passing their test though. Wants to almost red line before changing up. Plenty of room in the boot for the cases and double buggy on way from airport.

Took $20 to fill from about 1/4 tank of gas and I'd doing 26mpg (us gallon) so fairly frugal 2.0 litre engine.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
You do qualify to swap
Class C: Intermediate so any class above this can swap

Class F: Intermediate SUV
Thanks

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Also interested in this. We have group W I believe-Ford Edge or equivilant. Have signed up for Avis preferred but first time we'll have used them. Also we're flying into Miami, do they have a swap lane?
Yes you can swap, we had selected the same size and managed to swap for a Town and Country once and a Dodge Caravan a second time. I think it is a brilliant approach nice to have a choice as well. I think it is intermediate and above that can use the swap bay.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnmcmaster View Post
We were held on the plane for over an hour last Friday and when we went to the British garage we were given a fairly vanilla (air con, not climate control, fabric seats, no sat nav) Santa Fe Sport for our W class car. Didn't want to have to faff about looking at what else there was in the swap aisle too much, but I think that it should be renamed 'unwanted row' as they all looked like they were what was left when people swapped out for something better. Nothing of any interest at all. Upgrade row was a lot of Camaro's and Mustangs, which were no use to a family of 4.

The Santa Fe is fairly good, but as drive an i40 at home had hoped for something else... it's not bad to drive, especially in 'Sport' mode. Revs like a teenager in a Vauxhall Nova on the first day after passing their test though. Wants to almost red line before changing up. Plenty of room in the boot for the cases and double buggy on way from airport.

Took $20 to fill from about 1/4 tank of gas and I'd doing 26mpg (us gallon) so fairly frugal 2.0 litre engine.
I think you were unlucky here being held on the plane obviously left you last to the garage and as you say there was only rubbish left.

Sante fe is not such a bad car though cloth seats are better than leather in florida IMO, after a day in the parks leather seats can be very HOT HOT HOT.
There are not many models that come with sat nav in them unless you go for the more luxurious models.

Anyway you are in a better place than me I am stuck in the UK with a cloudy rainy morning
Old 13 May 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Also interested in this. We have group W I believe-Ford Edge or equivilant. Have signed up for Avis preferred but first time we'll have used them. Also we're flying into Miami, do they have a swap lane?
You do qualify to swap
Class C: Intermediate so any class above this can swap

Class W: Standard SUV
Ford Edge
Old 13 May 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Can I be cheeky and jump on your post. We are flying into Tampa using Avis via BA flydrive and have registered with Avis preferred.Ours is an SUV Type W Ford Edge. Does anyone have any experience at Tampa. We always use Alamo at Orlando so are a little in the dark on this one. Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by V8Pops View Post
Yep, well worth doing Avis Preferred..( sign up for which is free )
At MCO , L.A, Chicago, I have paid for a Ford Edge 4-5 times, and the swap isle has had everything from Hyundai`s , VW`s, Mustangs, 7 seaters ...but ive chosen Chevy 4x4 crew-cab or Ford crewcab pick-ups...still 5 seats , but a great view from the drivers seat, and the pick-up bed makes a great viewing/photography/pick-nic platform !

Also you have the " upgrade row/line " where you pay the upgrade DAILY fee shown in the windscreen ...Corvettes...BMW... lots of ways to lose your license...

Enjoy it and stay safe
Did it have a load cover on the back?
Old 13 May 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
V8Pops
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by ColinG View Post
Simply ..nope
V8Pops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by V8Pops View Post
Simply ..nope
ah right! luggage all right in the back during the brisk drive to villa then?
Old 13 May 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ColinG View Post
Very unlikely any crew cabs will come with a cover they are an added extra.
If I am correct that is a Chevy silverado and the Hard tri-folding tonneau cover is an added extra