Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Jul 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

I get this thing about not moving, etc so that the driver can pinpoint you. However, if I was deep in Epcot around WS say, could I not book an Uber for pickup at the entrance for a certain time? Or would I just have to wait until leaving, then book one? Thanks
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I get this thing about not moving, etc so that the driver can pinpoint you. However, if I was deep in Epcot around WS say, could I not book an Uber for pickup at the entrance for a certain time? Or would I just have to wait until leaving, then book one? Thanks
Just wait until leaving and then book one, at most you will be waiting 4 or 5 minutes. Dont worry about the not moving thing for the Disney parks, there are allocated places where you get picked up - usually behind wherever the Mears taxi's etc are. Epcot for example I used the wifi while I stood at the entrance to the park to book the Uber car, then as I walked over to the car park for pick up I would lose the wifi but the driver already knows where to pick up in that park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
When you are selecting an uber it defaults to say "current location" at that part you can put in what you like to where you want . Generally I do wait till I'm near where I want picked up.
Old 6 Jul 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Putty07 View Post
For estimates of prices for trips use uberestimateuberestimate
Why not use the genuine Uber estimate page uber/en-GB/fare-estimate/

Edited at 11:21 AM.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Taxi or Uber to Busch Gardens are over 70 miles. Neither is going to be cost effective I would have thought. You're going to have to find someone willing to drive that far at either end.
An Uber X from IDrive to Busch estimates at only $59-$79, I think that's good value if there are a few travellers and they don't want to bother with their own car, or have a beer there, or don't want to wait on the Busch Gardens Shuttle etc.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
When you are selecting an uber it defaults to say "current location" at that part you can put in what you like to where you want . Generally I do wait till I'm near where I want picked up.
By scrolling the map around you can move the pin to where you want to be collected. Last year we booked the Uber from our hotel room and moved the pin to a little roundabout next to the car park and that's where the driver went.

There is also the facility to message the driver in app. One time I messaged the driver to look out for a family of four with me wearing a blue t-shirt stood outside whatever store for example.

I had never used Uber before going to Orlando but it really is very easy and hassle free.
Old 6 Jul 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Marko9Gardinic View Post
Just wait until leaving and then book one, at most you will be waiting 4 or 5 minutes. Dont worry about the not moving thing for the Disney parks, there are allocated places where you get picked up - usually behind wherever the Mears taxi's etc are. Epcot for example I used the wifi while I stood at the entrance to the park to book the Uber car, then as I walked over to the car park for pick up I would lose the wifi but the driver already knows where to pick up in that park.
It's not so much the waiting, it's just that I like to be organised. I've never used Uber, but would just like to be able to have a taxi pickup arranged in advance, like any normal taxi service. Means no hassle in the rush to exit parks, carrying things, etc, rather if I could sit down during the day, having a coffee or whatever and get taxi arranged then, that would be ideal and takes any pressure of.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post

It's not so much the waiting, it's just that I like to be organised. I've never used Uber, but would just like to be able to have a taxi pickup arranged in advance, like any normal taxi service. Means no hassle in the rush to exit parks, carrying things, etc, rather if I could sit down during the day, having a coffee or whatever and get taxi arranged then, that would be ideal and takes any pressure of.
I know what you mean I can't speak for other places as I only ever used it going to and from Disney parks, but literally most times the car is with you within 1 or 2 minutes after ordering. Just order it whenever you are ready
Old 6 Jul 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by W1zz View Post
Reading today that Tesco are brining in exchanging Clubcard credit for 3 * Uber credit. Hope this comes in very soon as I have £30+ of points and will be using Uber a lot in Orlando 🤞
Looks as though Uber on Tesco Clubcard is now live.

50p in vouchers is worth £1.50 in Uber credit.

secure.tesco/clubcard/bo.../UK-009605.prd
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally IMHO, having the taxi booked in advance as you suggest means more stress, means you DO have to rush to the park exits since you have a specific time you have to be at the pickup point.

Uber don't do pre-booking, you request your ride when you need it and Uber tells you how long it will be before it arrives (usually only a few minutes in Orlando area).
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List