Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Jul 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Presumably Universal parks would be equally good with wifi, conscious that their pickup point appears to be quite a bit away from the parks, close to multi storey parking if I recall?

Apologies to OP, just realised I've somewhat hijacked this post, hopefully you're learning something from it too. -
you could get picked up at HRH or RPR using the free wifi in lobby for universal
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Putty07 View Post
By scrolling the map around you can move the pin to where you want to be collected. Last year we booked the Uber from our hotel room and moved the pin to a little roundabout next to the car park and that's where the driver went.

There is also the facility to message the driver in app. One time I messaged the driver to look out for a family of four with me wearing a blue t-shirt stood outside whatever store for example.

I had never used Uber before going to Orlando but it really is very easy and hassle free.
Ive tried moving the little pin, lol its not easy it seems to move so much .
Old 6 Jul 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Yes, so basically anywhere in and around entrances to parks should still pick up wifi?
Thanks -
Got wifi as soon as we stepped off the monorail. It connected to disney guest.
Old 6 Jul 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Ive tried moving the little pin, lol its not easy it seems to move so much .
If you can zoom in on the map it makes it easier to be more accurate.

I guess some phones don't zoom in though?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

When I was there in 2014 I don't remember uber being a thing so I used the itrolley a lot. When going to WDW though I booked a taxi which dropped me off at the Swan and Dolphin for me to shuttle it to the park. I can't remember properly but I think it was because of a drop-off fee? Is that a thing or have I made that up?
Old 7 Jul 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We used uber for the first time today.
It didn't start well as it was our first time my mobile number had not been verified so I had to turn off airplane mode, got a code but I couldn't get the app to come up with the bit to enter it. It finally worked when I texted uber back with one word ( no not that word &#128514
After that it was straightforward. Because I'd already activated my travel bolt on for today I used mobile data for the Walmart pick up, free journey one way and $13 on the way back.
Old 8 Jul 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We used uber for the first time today.
It didn't start well as it was our first time my mobile number had not been verified so I had to turn off airplane mode, got a code but I couldn't get the app to come up with the bit to enter it. It finally worked when I texted uber back with one word ( no not that word &#128514
After that it was straightforward. Because I'd already activated my travel bolt on for today I used mobile data for the Walmart pick up, free journey one way and $13 on the way back.
Has anybody else had to do this? I must have read every word ever written about Uber on this forum and never seen this before.

I'm not very tech savvy and was hoping just to connect to wifi, book the cab and go!
Old 8 Jul 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by anijay View Post
Has anybody else had to do this? I must have read every word ever written about Uber on this forum and never seen this before.

I'm not very tech savvy and was hoping just to connect to wifi, book the cab and go!
It's required once when registering with Uber for the first time to verify your mobile number, get the app set up and registered while in the UK and you won't have to do it while away.

Its a good idea to do it in advance while in the uk anyway, as it lets you try out the app in advance.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
It's required once when registering with Uber for the first time to verify your mobile number, get the app set up and registered while in the UK and you won't have to do it while away.

Its a good idea to do it in advance while in the uk anyway, as it lets you try out the app in advance.
So what would happen if I registered in the UK with my UK mobile number but use it for the first time in South Africa where I'll have a South African SIM? I do know the number of my South African SIM so can I register with that now?

Think I've found the answer to my question. I can register in the UK with my UK number but when I arrive in SA and get my South African SIM I'll have to change my number on Uber, they'll send me a verification text same as the poster above. So I can't register with my South African number until I'm there.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report

Edited at 10:54 AM.
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post

There are 10 of us in our group. Is there an uber vehicle big enough to take all 10 of us or would we be required to book two vehicles?