Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Aug 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I wonder if ATD will start offering tickets for MVMCP as well!? At $94 plus tax for the 2 nights we can do, I think the Disney prices are a bit steep, but if I could buy them elsewhere and save a few ££ I'd consider it.
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

cheers, booked for the thursday after we arrive for £47 each. thats saved us around £60!

*edit*

dont forget quidco cashback on ATD purchases - 1.5% on all purchases at the moment, so its only £2.52 back, but every little bit adds up (along with the £15ish from expedia for flights/carhire so far) so hopefully will be enough for something nice, like a bottle of champagne at the airport before we fly or something

Edited at 09:16 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
And changing the subject, this did make me smile Nimbus
Of course, what I meant was that from Disney's point of view it's better if the tickets are sold directly from them rather than going through a third party. Disney will make more profit that way.

Any other interpretation was completely unintentional.

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Because it's the same as booking a dessert party or a tour then finding a third party is selling it for cheaper. It's always been "exclusive to Disney " so people bought when they were released not expecting them To be cheaper elsewhere or even sold outside Disney . It's nothing like normal park tickets as it comes under events and tours. Why wouldn't you complain of it's been sold as an exclusive thing in the first place. Why would anyone complain about crowds when they get there but they do . Each to their own I suppose though.
The thing is, by complaining to Disney about this you'd be saying to Disney that you don't want these ticketed events to be sold through a third-party and that you don't want them to be cheaper. If enough people complain then Disney will listen to the complaints and stop this and in the future the events will go back to being "exclusive to Disney" and, thus, being more expensive.

I mean, if that's what people want to complain to Disney about then fine. But it seems a bit weird to me.

It's like complaining about a shop starting to have discounts and sales because for years they've never discounted anything and they've always sold things at full price and that's what you're used to.

I can understand complaining about negative things - more crowded, higher prices, poor service, etc. But not about positive things! I suppose it depends on whether you see lower prices as a positive or negative thing?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Of course, what I meant was that from Disney's point of view it's better if the tickets are sold directly from them rather than going through a third party. Disney will make more profit that way.

Any other interpretation was completely unintentional.

The thing is, by complaining to Disney about this you'd be saying to Disney that you don't want these ticketed events to be sold through a third-party and that you don't want them to be cheaper. If enough people complain then Disney will listen to the complaints and stop this and in the future the events will go back to being "exclusive to Disney" and, thus, being more expensive.

I mean, if that's what people want to complain to Disney about then fine. But it seems a bit weird to me.

It's like complaining about a shop starting to have discounts and sales because for years they've never discounted anything and they've always sold things at full price and that's what you're used to.

I can understand complaining about negative things - more crowded, higher prices, poor service, etc. But not about positive things! I suppose it depends on whether you see lower prices as a positive or negative thing?
I get what you are saying. I think what Mexy is saying though is that this should have been done when the tickets first went on sale not several months later after people have bought what they thought was an exclusive product. I apologize to all those going to the earlier parties I am sure you will love it but to have a Halloween party in August to me is ridiculous. Halloween is October. Disney haven't had the ticket sales expected so they have put them out to a third party. The tickets should not have been marketed as exclusive first. Doesn't affect me because I am going on Halloween night 31/10 so ATD are not selling those because presumably Disney can sell them without any help.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I get what you are saying. I think what Mexy is saying though is that this should have been done when the tickets first went on sale not several months later after people have bought what they thought was an exclusive product. I apologize to all those going to the earlier parties I am sure you will love it but to have a Halloween party in August to me is ridiculous. Halloween is October. Disney haven't had the ticket sales expected so they have put them out to a third party. The tickets should not have been marketed as exclusive first. Doesn't affect me because I am going on Halloween night 31/10 so ATD are not selling those because presumably Disney can sell them without any help.
I'm not sure that it's correct to say that the tickets were marketed as being exclusive in the first place.

But even if it was, it's no different to those that bought 14 day ultimates for this year before the price reduction of 25% or to those paying rack rate for rooms that subsequently are reduced or to those that book flights that then go on sale. Yes, it's annoying. But if you've paid a price you're prepared to pay in the first place then why complain when others who've played the waiting game then get it for cheaper.

And I don't agree that it's "ridiculous" for people who want to go in August and September if that's when they happen to be on holiday. Each to their own, but having been to MNSHHP on October 31, all I can say is never again.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Exactly my point . Be interesting to see what they do with mvmcp.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
I'm not sure that it's correct to say that the tickets were marketed as being exclusive in the first place.

But even if it was, it's no different to those that bought 14 day ultimates for this year before the price reduction of 25% or to those paying rack rate for rooms that subsequently are reduced or to those that book flights that then go on sale. Yes, it's annoying. But if you've paid a price you're prepared to pay in the first place then why complain when others who've played the waiting game then get it for cheaper.

And I don't agree that it's "ridiculous" for people who want to go in August and September if that's when they happen to be on holiday. Each to their own, but having been to MNSHHP on October 31, all I can say is never again.
They are marketed exclusive as they come under events and tours ,not tickets , which actually are exclusive to Disney and always have been .

And look at the uproar caused by the ticket reduction. Loads of threads on that particular subject alone and many complaints.
As for 31/10 the same amount of tickets are sold for each night so if it's a sell out it's no different which day you pick. Disney will be hoping they are all sell outs if they have offered them to third parties so be interesting if people chose days because they thought they were quieter. Can't complain though can they
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

I always hold out for a deal. Still haven't got any dollars or booked any extras elsewhere - Serengeti Safari, experiences at Seaworld, etc, as I can book them the day before on my phone if I need to. Might as well wait and see if someone offers a deal. And the money is better in my account earning interest than being spent on something I can't use for months.

Very pleased with my £47 tickets.
September 2017 - Port Orleans Riverside/Grand/St Pete's/Disney Cruise

September 2019 - AKL + Off-site
66Caunce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I think what Mexy is saying though is that this should have been done when the tickets first went on sale not several months later
Well, that's a fair point. And would be a reasonable suggestion to Disney for the future.

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
And look at the uproar caused by the ticket reduction. Loads of threads on that particular subject alone and many complaints.
And that was silly too.

Especially with tickets that are sold all year round. Because whenever Disney reduces the price they'll always be some people who will have bought the tickets at the higher price sometime beforehand. They'll never be a time when this won't affect some people. So does that mean Disney should never reduce ticket prices in order stop people complaining and keep everyone happy? That's crazy.

I agree with Smilesonfaces that there was probably a better time to start allowing ATD to sell these limited-time event tickets. And, yes, Disney could have handled that better (and this might be worth bringing up with Disney). But why would anyone send a complaint to Disney about something now being cheaper as bighal was suggesting?!

Heck, people complain about Disney putting up prices and people complain about prices going down. I'm sensing a pattern here.

BTW, regarding the exclusivity of these tickets, if it was Disney that had decided to reduce their price of the MNSSHP tickets this week, would that have been ok? They'd still be exclusive to Disney, after all.

All this shows is how overpriced the tickets are in the first place. Not surprise there - it's Disney after all!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews

I am going expecting it to be busy but if it is a sell out every night it won't be any different to any other party night because the same number of tickets will be sold. I agree that if the party is on in August and September then people will go and they will have a fabulous time but it isn't a Halloween party it's a party. I wouldn't go to a party in October and call it a Christmas party it's a party.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List