Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Mar 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
can't_wait
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dorsetmutley View Post
Sorry to say Longhorns on IDrive
Have to agree with you on that one.
can't_wait is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Olive Garden. The bread sticks and the salad are still to die for, but the meals themselves are now just meh!
Old 9 Mar 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

It seems that all the old favourites have gone downhill. Just hope that my Philly-steak sandwich at Denny's is just as good as I remember!
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
im no longer fussed on Olive Garden or Chillis
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Never really got Bahama breeze at all, and Applebee’s on 192 was dreadful the time we went. I suppose you can have duff meals anywhere, I ordered a rare steak once in Mannys and it was well over cooked, the waitress must have took one look at my face and said well that’s not rare and removed it quickly trouble is I probably wouldn’t have said anything.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Ponderosa went down years ago.
I'm prepared to be shot down now but also Mannys, the one on the 27 is too successful and the wait times are ridiculous, the last time we went there we waited at our table for over an hour for our steaks even after speaking to the waitress and floor manager, then they tried to offer us a free ice cream for the children as compensation. We ended up not having to pay and $40 of vouchers. We decided to try the new one on the 192 and that was worse.
Sad but we will never give them another chance
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dorsetmutley View Post
Sorry to say Longhorns on IDrive
Originally Posted by can't_wait View Post
Have to agree with you on that one.
Based on the last experience we had only, sadly have to agree.

Although there was a HUGE convention in town and the place was rammed. Steaks were not as tender as they had previously been and just didn't enjoy as much as previously.

We tried IHOP last trip for the first, and probably last time. We sat at the counter looking into the kitchen and some of the cooking methods & lack of hygiene were toe curling.

This included putting raw chicken into a pan out of a plastic wrapper, lifting the empty plastic wrapper across cooked food on the side, narrowly avoiding dripping raw chicken juices onto prepared meals. The juices thankfully landed just next to the plates, where they were then cleaned up with kitchen towel only (no cleaner or anything).

Steak tips sitting done for 10-15 minutes, then being reheated in microwave (same with loads of pancakes).

Add that to the heated argument between a customer & server right next to us and it was just an ODD experience.

Surprisingly, wouldn't return.

Edited at 01:35 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Hollywood Brown Derby
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Sad to hear Bahama Brezze has gone hill, it’s usually one of our favourites. Although I do tend to think it depends which one you go to. Don’t think the i drive one has ever been that good, whereas lbv has always been great for us
Likely the IHOP at berry town centre I found nice too. Wouldn’t go to the others
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Ponderosa went down years ago.
I'm prepared to be shot down now but also Mannys, the one on the 27 is too successful and the wait times are ridiculous, the last time we went there we waited at our table for over an hour for our steaks even after speaking to the waitress and floor manager, then they tried to offer us a free ice cream for the children as compensation. We ended up not having to pay and $40 of vouchers. We decided to try the new one on the 192 and that was worse.
Sad but we will never give them another chance
Rob
Mannys - Totally agree! We have been going for as long as I can remember and last year had an awful experience - I won't go in to detail but the manager asked us to return before we went home to England and eat for a free. We didn't take her up on it because we were so annoyed and put off from the experience.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List