Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Apr 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There's also some good beers round the World Showcase, Canada beer cart with stuff from Unibroue is one. If its food and wine or one of the other festivals the beer tends to be served in thimbles

Edited at 06:20 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Hi in Harry potter bar at IOA they have some craft choices as well,Jake's bar at RPR have decent selections as well
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi pity not to get some of site time. Perhaps when at Disney springs take a taxi up to millars ale house 3/4 mins, 15 min walk. This a sports bar with great selection and good food at very reasonable prices, chicken zingers can still taste them.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Do you have to have food at Big River Grille or can you just go for a quick drink?

The concept of lounges confuses me at Disney (Doesnt take much as my wife would say)

I never know whether I should take a seat and get waited on, or head for the bar!

Andy
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurynn
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Watch out! some of those craft beers are V strong.. like 7% strong, there's are least 2 of the IPA's at the Baseline taphouse that will get you in a very fuzzy place very quickly and ESPN and Planet Hollywood sells an IPA called Jai Ali and that's over 8% I think!
Oh he loves his 12-13% stouts so he'll be fine I think the flight or half pints might be a good idea in the Florida heat... haha.

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
To OP, we found the food at dinner at Big River Grille to be very underwhelming. Beer is excellent and it's fine for lunch but dinner we found lacking.
Thanks for the head's up. Can you go and just have a drink in the evening there?

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Yeah, it is in Citywalk... here is the drinks menu if he fancies having a look before you go
universalorlando/web...rink-menu.html

We arent doing Universal this year so doubt we will be up there... I loved the food / drinks there though
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Check out Leyfy’s trip reports. Her DH Phil is a beer connoisseur. It’s not a holiday without lots of ‘Phil points at a pint’ photos!
Ooooh. I'll definitely check them out. Thanks!
Aurynn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurynn
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
There's also some good beers round the World Showcase, Canada beer cart with stuff from Unibroue is one. If its food and wine or one of the other festivals the beer tends to be served in thimbles
We'll be there during Food and Wine so definitely will sample around the world. I think thimbles is good as he'd like to try loads of different ones

Originally Posted by highlander447 View Post
Hi in Harry potter bar at IOA they have some craft choices as well,Jake's bar at RPR have decent selections as well
Ah that's great. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi pity not to get some of site time. Perhaps when at Disney springs take a taxi up to millars ale house 3/4 mins, 15 min walk. This a sports bar with great selection and good food at very reasonable prices, chicken zingers can still taste them.
Yeah we'll probably come back another time and go offsite. For this trip we have my brother with us so it's not logistically doable really.

Originally Posted by andyb1126 View Post
Do you have to have food at Big River Grille or can you just go for a quick drink?

The concept of lounges confuses me at Disney (Doesnt take much as my wife would say)

I never know whether I should take a seat and get waited on, or head for the bar!

Andy
No idea. I'll do some more prodding.
Aurynn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

there is a craft ale cart (was near kings X ) in universal

some nice brews tampa bay jai alai etc etc but ludicrously priced iirc $11 a can

some nice beers at NBC grill also
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Most the different resteraunts have a much better beer choice than in the past.
You can find local beer stocked at most places, beers from cigar city or Orlando brewing are both readily available just ask if they have anything local.

Food and wine you can get some good beers, I’d always have the flight option if available much better value than the small single serving. But on the whole a little pricey (but it’s Disney)

If you do venture off site I can’t recommend world of beer enough, in doc Phillips (not for from Universal) best choice of beers in any bar I’ve ever been to.
There are some photos in my last trip report.

I’d also vote for the baseline tap house in Hollywood studios loverly atmosphere and good choice. Again try the flight.

Personally I was a little disappointed with the range in big river grill.

Lounges just grab a seat and a server will come and serve you. We’ve stopped at quite a few now, only one we’ve ever ordered directly at the bar in the tune in lounge (attached to 50’s prime time) but we only go there to grab a milkshake, much better places for beer in HS

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15

Edited at 10:01 PM.
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Looking into this Baseline TapHouse, and it is described as a lounge, but in the photos, it looks like a walk up counter service kind of place. Does that mean we do, or do not tip the server? I panic so much about upsetting someone by getting this tipping thing wrong!
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
Lounges just grab a seat and a server will come and serve you. We’ve stopped at quite a few now, only one we’ve ever ordered directly at the bar in the tune in lounge (attached to 50’s prime time) but we only go there to grab a milkshake, much better places for beer in HS

Thanks for that.