Notices

Old 13 May 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Anyone else have totally illogical men?

Mr Grump seems to think that we can manage with 2 suitcases between all 5 of us for 2 weeks (I ain't doing no washing!)

He expects to be able to bring back any shopping we do within this too! We get 20kg per person ... don't get me wrong I don't expect to take a case each

This will be me ... I'm joking! But I think that 2 large cases and a medium inside one of the large on the way out should be sufficient enough.

We have this disagreement EVERY holiday! I think he fails to realize that we all need at least one outfit per day, possibly sometimes even 2!

Anyway I always win the argument but I'm sure he does it on purpose to wind me up

We were discussing it last weekend when a couple of friends were over and I was getting so annoyed with him, whilst he's sat at the other side of the room like this

My friend said he was doing it on purpose for a reaction ... I need to learn to stop biting.

So yesterday I decided I need to lose this weight before Florida! I have Fibromyalgia and I was given meds in September and since then I have had different ones and I have piled on 3 stone ... I feel disgusted with myself. So I signed up to Slimming World online and I'm determined to lose it!

I'm going to keep this updated with my progress and hopefully it will spur me on!

3 stone to go!

We took 2 cases over and came back with 4 😉 we packed our medium cases with our stuff and put them in larger cases. It worked well but due to some of the kids larger purchases (banshees) we could have done with a fifth case.

Good luck with the weight loss, I’m on a mission too! 2 Florida holidays in 2 years and not getting back into the swing has taken its toll 🙈

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Haha love the planning. You are going to have a ball.
I MUST JOIN YOU ON THE HUNT NOW for those Mickey neck things ( can’t think the correct name).
I only booked my next years visit to AKL at the Virgin shop in Metro Centre last week and would have gone into Primark had I known. Now you’ve got me on the search
Metro is 40 miles from us but I’m sure will find time to get back up there.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
It sounds like you will all have a magical time! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I'm sure you will have some emotional moments but will also create new memories with the kiddies.
Your DH sounds exactly like my OH, winding me up is a hobby of his! He also doesn't think we need a suitcase each, but he will NEVER win that argument. Shopping is MY favourite hobby
Have a fab time
We definitely will and I can't wait to take DL on Space Mountain as this was his favourite ride ... considering he didn't like rollercoasters

We sound so similar he also knows he won't win and I plan on doing a LOT of shopping, especially with my new found love of designer handbags

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
We took 2 cases over and came back with 4 😉 we packed our medium cases with our stuff and put them in larger cases. It worked well but due to some of the kids larger purchases (banshees) we could have done with a fifth case.

Good luck with the weight loss, I’m on a mission too! 2 Florida holidays in 2 years and not getting back into the swing has taken its toll 🙈
He would be fuming if we had to pay for more luggage to come back so I might just show him this Noah loves soft toys so I can imagine he is going to want quite a few whilst we're there.

Thank you, good luck to you too, it's so hard getting back into it isn't it. Seeing a photo of friends and I when we went to London in March and how big I am has really spurred me on. Plus stopping the meds has actually suppressed my appetite! You can do this!

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Haha love the planning. You are going to have a ball.
I MUST JOIN YOU ON THE HUNT NOW for those Mickey neck things ( can’t think the correct name).
I only booked my next years visit to AKL at the Virgin shop in Metro Centre last week and would have gone into Primark had I known. Now you’ve got me on the search
Metro is 40 miles from us but I’m sure will find time to get back up there.
Oh the travel pillows?! I know they're like gold dust! If worst comes to worst I will get Monkey boy a different one but I refuse to pay £15 on eBay for one when they were only £6 in Primark!

Sadly I think they removed them about 2 weeks ago. I'm heading to Darlington today so I'm gonna check see if they happen to have any but I'm not holding my breath! Metro is about 30 miles from us, we're in Bishop Auckland. Mr Grump actually works over in Billingham, such a small world isn't it!

If I manage to find any I'll let you know, which ones are you after and how many? I just need 1 Mickey one now x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

We definitely will and I can't wait to take DL on Space Mountain as this was his favourite ride ... considering he didn't like rollercoasters

We sound so similar he also knows he won't win and I plan on doing a LOT of shopping, especially with my new found love of designer handbags

He would be fuming if we had to pay for more luggage to come back so I might just show him this Noah loves soft toys so I can imagine he is going to want quite a few whilst we're there.

Thank you, good luck to you too, it's so hard getting back into it isn't it. Seeing a photo of friends and I when we went to London in March and how big I am has really spurred me on. Plus stopping the meds has actually suppressed my appetite! You can do this!

Oh the travel pillows?! I know they're like gold dust! If worst comes to worst I will get Monkey boy a different one but I refuse to pay £15 on eBay for one when they were only £6 in Primark!

Sadly I think they removed them about 2 weeks ago. I'm heading to Darlington today so I'm gonna check see if they happen to have any but I'm not holding my breath! Metro is about 30 miles from us, we're in Bishop Auckland. Mr Grump actually works over in Billingham, such a small world isn't it!

If I manage to find any I'll let you know, which ones are you after and how many? I just need 1 Mickey one now x
It is a small world, I’m just in Yarm. Have posted on my Fb to ask friends to look out as well. Annoying only at Metro Wednesday gone at the Virgin store and walked passed a Primark. Thank you if you let me know any there I’ll be over like a shot lol 😂
2 Mickey and 1 Minnie I’m looking for

Edited at 01:19 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
It is a small world, I’m just in Yarm. Have posted on my Fb to ask friends to look out as well. Annoying only at Metro Wednesday gone at the Virgin store and walked passed a Primark. Thank you if you let me know any there I’ll be over like a shot lol 😂
2 Mickey and 1 Minnie I’m looking for
It is indeed! I know they definitely haven't got the red Mickey and Minnie ones as they're last season but they may have some in the back? Alternatively keep an eye on FB groups. Primark have different ones in now such as a pink Minnie one, Eeyore and more but I wanted us to match as much as possible, much to Mr Grumps dismay X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Sounds like a brilliant plan! I'm glad you put in about your Dad and how he was a dibber. He'll be so excited knowing you're finally taking your lovely family!

The shopaholic section made me laugh, I'm Emily and I'm also a shopaholic .

Annnnnd I don't know what he does but you said 'he'll need to get some extra weddings booked in'. My hubby works in the wedding industry in addition to his normal job and his wedding money is always our fun fund! Anytime I want to spend big I ask how many bookings he's got coming up .

Looking forward to reading along xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Yes, my little one struggles with surprises too, at home we use a visual timetable and hope to do the same for Disney so at least he know's where we are going each day.

Someone mentioned DAS to us but I didn't really understand it tbh. Do we just get it at guest services in the park? Do we need to do it each time we go into the park?

Most days the first week we have plenty of time in the afternoons free for the pool, I'm hoping he'll be in routine by then.

He was only diagnosed this month and we don't really know much at all about autism so any help at all is great. We still feel a little out of our depths at the moment! X
I still feel out of my depth quite a few years in! I think the key thing is to just learn your child and their quirks because no child with ASD is exactly the same! DS surprises me so often with sudden empathy or social communication then the next minute can be having a meltdown for no apparent reason... Life is definitely not predictable for the rest of us despite trying to give him as much routine as possible... It's a difficult diagnosis but hopefully can help you move forward and get him all the support he needs...

We find DAS alongside FPs very useful. Basically once you go in to Guest Services at one of the parks you are set up for all parks for the duration of your stay. You can book a ride at a time and it is a virtual queue. One of the party has to go to the ride to get in to the virtual queue... Think that's right anyway With a bit of planning it means we can get on a few rides in a relatively short time so that DS can rest when needed - full days at WDW parks are definitely not possible for us...

Hope this helps... It sounds like you have an absolutely amazing holiday planned
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Sounds like a brilliant plan! I'm glad you put in about your Dad and how he was a dibber. He'll be so excited knowing you're finally taking your lovely family!

The shopaholic section made me laugh, I'm Emily and I'm also a shopaholic .

Annnnnd I don't know what he does but you said 'he'll need to get some extra weddings booked in'. My hubby works in the wedding industry in addition to his normal job and his wedding money is always our fun fund! Anytime I want to spend big I ask how many bookings he's got coming up .

Looking forward to reading along xx
Thank you I'm sure he will be there with us.

Yay! Another shopaholic! Us shopaholics need to stick together 👍

He's a computer engineer by day and wedding/occasions photographer at the weekend ... he knows his place

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I still feel out of my depth quite a few years in! I think the key thing is to just learn your child and their quirks because no child with ASD is exactly the same! DS surprises me so often with sudden empathy or social communication then the next minute can be having a meltdown for no apparent reason... Life is definitely not predictable for the rest of us despite trying to give him as much routine as possible... It's a difficult diagnosis but hopefully can help you move forward and get him all the support he needs...

We find DAS alongside FPs very useful. Basically once you go in to Guest Services at one of the parks you are set up for all parks for the duration of your stay. You can book a ride at a time and it is a virtual queue. One of the party has to go to the ride to get in to the virtual queue... Think that's right anyway With a bit of planning it means we can get on a few rides in a relatively short time so that DS can rest when needed - full days at WDW parks are definitely not possible for us...

Hope this helps... It sounds like you have an absolutely amazing holiday planned
That is fabulous thank you so much. I know what you mean about being unpredictable ... one minute Noah can be find the next it's like World War 3. I don't think we're going to manage full days either. Although we are taking his ear defenders and getting a pushchair for him so who knows xx
Old 13 May 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

So glad you shared your story 💗 have the most fabulous time making your own memories with your family. I’m sure your dad will be watching and smiling 👍😎
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Mel View Post
So glad you shared your story 💗 have the most fabulous time making your own memories with your family. I’m sure your dad will be watching and smiling 👍😎
Thank you I'm sure he will be x