Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

What's December weather like?

Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't get the search bar to work on my kindle,

We're currently considering August but I'm working seeing if going over Christmas is worth it?

Do prices rise? And will it be warm or more hoody weather?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
it is still possible to hit the beach this time of year. It is the state's (sub)tropical climate and location on a huge peninsula surrounded by tempering waters that are responsible for this delightful weather.

In the afternoons, you can enjoy average high ...

Temperature 16°C 61°F
High Temperature Holiday Weather 22°C 72°F
Low Temperature Holiday Weather 10°C 50°F
Sunshine Hours 7 hrs
Sea Temperature 25°C 77°
Old 29 May 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Its a lot cooler in December than August, Peak temperature in December is about the same as the lowest temperature in August (around 23 celsius), but saying that, it will still be far warmer than the UK. You will need longer tops in the evenings.
There will be far less rainfall in December, but last year we had no rainfall in the 2 weeks we stayed in August, but that was luck.
The second half of December is one of the most busy periods in Orlando compared with the second half of August which is far far quieter.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We have been late December twice. Once we had a couple of shorts wearing days and a couple of chilly days but last time we had to go to the Mall and buy down filled coats as it was so cold and our fleeces just weren't warm enough, we wore coats and gloves all day every day.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
We have been late December twice. Once we had a couple of shorts wearing days and a couple of chilly days but last time we had to go to the Mall and buy down filled coats as it was so cold and our fleeces just weren't warm enough, we wore coats and gloves all day every day.
I am going in December and wearing coats will make it feel very much like Christmas
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

We went at Christmas and some days it was jeans and tshirt weather, other days it was jumper weather. I never wore shorts as not warm enough for me. It was an amazing time and we really want to go back at Christmas one day
Old 29 May 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Been twice at Xmas now and both times lovely. Used a hoodie in the evening. We went beg of November one year and cloudy all the time so was wearing hoodies most of hols. I would go anytime of the year tbh 😁
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We went dec 2015, had a couple of chilly days, but the rest was beautiful, one day in aquatica the thermometer said 32! We are going again this xmas, we packed for all types of weather, including gloves and lightweight scarfs x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Our most recent visit was Dec last year.

We had a fabulous time but I do feel we were exceptionally lucky with the weather. We have also been in Jan and Feb when it has been too cold to use the pool for the whole of the holiday...

In Dec the first few days were chilly, jeans, hoody and light down jacket. Then the temps picked up, t'shirts and 3/4's for me, hubby was in shorts. Definately need a fleece of an evening although we had one evening at Universal where if felt as hot as an August evening...

The one think I would say having also visited in Aug is, it did make a pleasant change not to be sweating the whole time and also did not need to use much sun screen... and even when it is cool, the sky is blue and the sun is shining and it's just so lovely to be there regardless of the temps...

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Highly variable. In one two week trip we comfortably swam but only for two days. For 6 days we de-iced the car and had to buy hats and gloves. That goodness we’d flown with our coats. It was bitter. The other days were all jeans and substantial hoody days. Watching the fireworks was an ordeal. It was colder than average the year we went but personally I wouldn’t go again. Glad we did Christmas once but once was enough for me. Florida = boiling and wet for me!