Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 May 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve been following the leangains protocol or 16:8 (a form of intermittent fasting) to manage my weight for the past few years and I find it really easy to stick to out there. Basically, you do all your eating within an 8hr window and leave 16 hours between your last meal and first meal each day. It’s dead simple to stick to because I’m asleep for most of the fast period! I tend to have my breakfast around 10.30 or 11 each day (perfect for brunch) and dinner around 5.30-6.30pm. I find the heat also acts an appetite suppressant so I don't tend to feel as hungry or able to eat as much, mostly thirsty so I try and stick to water rather than juice or alcohol. I nearly always come back a few pounds lighter or the same so it works for me.

A friend of mine lost a stone before she went last year because she expected to gain weight- she did but only half a stone. I think
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

After 2 weeks onsite last year, ddp, I'd put on 1/2lb, couldn't believe it! I thought it would be 1/2st at least. Walked 100 miles during that time, a good mix of meals and enjoyed them all. Didn't go overboard and used some of the snack credits on fruit juice etc for the villa towards end of trip. We had a couple of 2 credit meals so that balanced out the qs meals too. I agree that the heat effects your appetite too.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Derenstar I follow 16:8 too, it's great isn't it. I will definitely try to keep to it out there. I tend to just do it naturally now anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I think a lot depends on your lifestyle at home and how your holiday compares / contrasts to that.

I'm very active at home and run five miles or so each day in addition to probably 8,000 steps as part of my normal day. So while I probably do exercise more by walking around the parks, it's not appreciably more.

Food: at home, I eat pretty healthily focusing on protein rich low carb food. I do my own strange version of intermittent fasting too. In Orlando - I don't, and my body pretty immediately responds(badly) but gets back to normal within a fortnight of getting home.
Old 12 May 18, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

I always try and get about 10 pounds under my usual weight before heading to Florida.
We go for around 3 weeks and I've worked out that I put on about 3/4 pound a day.
We have a sensible breakfast and lunch but we do have 3 course meals for dinner and far too much ice cream.
Even with all the walking I still pile on the pounds!
Wouldn't change a thing though as we love the food in Florida 😀
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am weight obsessed, in fact my whole family are fitness & health food freaks. Even with all the walking we do in the parks it’s nothing compared to the exercise we do at home. My eldest daughter is type 1 so we don’t have rubbish in the house, I have never even cooked chips! We don’t have take away or any ready meals and we don’t drink alcohol. We do have a Saturday night movie & treat night though.

A big part of our holiday is the food! I refuse to feel guilty about what it eat, I am on holiday and I indulge in all the food that I don’t usually have!
In fact one of my favourite meals is at millers ale house (not Disney but a must lol) zinger mountain melt, it’s basically chips, chicken nuggets & cheese! I pour ranch & guacamole all over it and I eat the lot! (I think it’s because it’s like nothing we ever have at home)
The sudden change in diet does cause bloating and does cause huge weight gain but most of it is gone after a few days when we get home. I find the kids don’t pig out like my husband and I do they are fine.
The way I look at it is that I embrace everything on holiday, the atmosphere and the food without any guilt.
If I am up very early I will throw in a quick run and I will have fruit for breakfast.
I am also currently loosing an extra stone to give me extra flexibility lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Your body will guide you.
We stayed in Orlando for 26 nights a couple of years ago and I put on 4lbs and that was eating what I wanted. I like fries, never eat them at home but had them sometimes when I was away.
I used my snack credits for drinks, soups, savoury options and some sweet treats.
Last year I’d lost a lot of weight on weight watchers before we went and couldn’t really face a lot of the fatty foods, I just ate what I wanted when I was hungry.
Here’s my food report from last year https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1033066
Watch this I’ll have eaten constant rubbish and just forgot😂

Edited at 02:32 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh wow, Floridatilly, I am not as healthy as that as I love wine and chocolate . But I am very active and love fruit and veg. If I were as super healthy as you I wouldn't be too bothered about 2 weeks either.

I definitely think I will try to lose half a stone before I go.

Must have a look at your food report, Rescuer.
Old 12 May 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Loved your report, Rescuer. I thought I was devoted to food lol!

What are these 'flight' drinks? Is it a trio of beer/ wine? Right up my street . Surely they are not included as your drink on the Dp?
Old 12 May 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
Loved your report, Rescuer. I thought I was devoted to food lol!

What are these 'flight' drinks? Is it a trio of beer/ wine? Right up my street . Surely they are not included as your drink on the Dp?
Thanks. I do love my food The year before was worse as we were there for 26 nights https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=967425

The 'flights' are trios of smaller drinks, I doubt they would be included in the ddp but you never know, I read its most drinks up to $15. There was no alcohol included on the ddp last year. I'll need to wait until 2019 to experience that as we only have one night at Disney this year.