Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 May 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
How much is this, thanks
$69 for an adult? Sorry not sure for a child? The sit down terrace on is about $15 more i think?
Old 31 May 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Thank for adding the link. I think he sums up what I was thinking
You're welcome I'm a bit torn as I have this booked for my daughter's birthday after an early, 4pm, dinner at Be Our Guest (this will be our dessert). I got it when there was a price glitch so paid $10 per person less than the current price. It is quite possible that DH and I will never have another opportunity to see it, and this will be our first viewing of HEA, so I really want to be able to see the projections. At the moment, I'm inclined to keep it because it will at least mean that we should have a "reasonable" view in mid-July when it's very hot to be crammed into Main Street. I think I'll wait and see how it goes over the next few days.
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

$69 for an adult? Sorry not sure for a child? The sit down terrace on is about $15 more i think?
Thanks very much
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We cancelled our dessert party on 8 May this year. A week before the party we passed the plaza grass half an hour before the fireworks and it was packed
Didn't think it was worth $200.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
You're welcome I'm a bit torn as I have this booked for my daughter's birthday after an early, 4pm, dinner at Be Our Guest (this will be our dessert). I got it when there was a price glitch so paid $10 per person less than the current price. It is quite possible that DH and I will never have another opportunity to see it, and this will be our first viewing of HEA, so I really want to be able to see the projections. At the moment, I'm inclined to keep it because it will at least mean that we should have a "reasonable" view in mid-July when it's very hot to be crammed into Main Street. I think I'll wait and see how it goes over the next few days.
I'm in the same boat, I booked for my friend and her dd for their birthdays. They have never seen HEA so thought it would be a good end to the day? My dd and I saw it last year, we queued for 50 mins in the main hub area to see it and whilst it was a great spot to view it, the crush was unbelievable . Once it was over, the crowd turned as one and started moving down main street. It was terrifying as we were needing to wait for my dh and ds! We linked arms and forced our way to the side and stayed behind a bin so we didn't get crushed. We ended up with 2 family's behind us also trying to shelter from the crowd . It was horrible and I felt quite panicky. Did not want to do it again!
Old 31 May 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
I'm in the same boat, I booked for my friend and her dd for their birthdays. They have never seen HEA so thought it would be a good end to the day? My dd and I saw it last year, we queued for 50 mins in the main hub area to see it and whilst it was a great spot to view it, the crush was unbelievable . Once it was over, the crowd turned as one and started moving down main street. It was terrifying as we were needing to wait for my dh and ds! We linked arms and forced our way to the side and stayed behind a bin so we didn't get crushed. We ended up with 2 family's behind us also trying to shelter from the crowd . It was horrible and I felt quite panicky. Did not want to do it again!
Oh goodness! What a horrible experience for you This is exactly the scenario I want to avoid. I see you will be there before us. If you have time afterwards perhaps you will post about how it all turned out. I hope you have a magical trip
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
Oh goodness! What a horrible experience for you This is exactly the scenario I want to avoid. I see you will be there before us. If you have time afterwards perhaps you will post about how it all turned out. I hope you have a magical trip
Thank you 😁. We are currently booked for the before party on the 12th July? Meeting up with our friends tomorrow night so have decided to tell them so we can decide whether to swap to the after party or maybe even the Frozen one at Epcot? I'll definitely report back if we go 👍. What day are you booked for?
Old 31 May 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Oh no I'm so disappointed. It's our first time this year and we really wanted to do this. For 4 of is plus tax is about 340 dollars which though expenive we decided it was worth it so we didn't have to worry about the crowds.

There's no way we'll want to queue up without a dessert party but based on this we'll either try to book the terrace or look at them from a far when we're at the cali grill and save the money. Can you still see the projections from the terrace view? Xx
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you 😁. We are currently booked for the before party on the 12th July? Meeting up with our friends tomorrow night so have decided to tell them so we can decide whether to swap to the after party or maybe even the Frozen one at Epcot? I'll definitely report back if we go 👍. What day are you booked for?
We're booked for 17th July so not long after you.
Old 31 May 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

We had a great experience at the desserts party last year and booked for this year too. When Disney announced this, we were worried. We have decided to move to the after party so we don't feel pressured to eat and run in order to get a good space in the garden. Time will tell and I'm still looking forward to it; hopefully we'll get there in time to be near the front of the garden as we intend to remain seated (one of the things we loved last year - that and having no children on shoulders / camera phones in front of us, which happens constantly on Main Street!)
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List