Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 May 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Oops, my mistake. It seems the Ponderosa we used to go to on International drive has closed, but I've found 2 others on the 192 thatb are open.

It looks like they have amalgamated with a company called Bonanza steakhouse. (But I may be wrong)

Anyway DW is happy, she can still get her omelettes.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

We certainly don’t love the place in fact it’s the opposite we hate it it 🤢🤮
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We’ve done breakfast there and enjoy it. In terms of buffet I don’t see much difference in quality between GC and Disney buffets (only done breakfast). The only difference is the surroundings are obviously nicer at Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been to many GC over the years and the standard definitely varies so will cloud peoples opinions.
I drive one is not good
Lbv one is fine
Punta Gorda - central Florida - dire
Lake placid - central Florida outstanding!
Cape Coral- nice and tidy
The ones where the locals go tend to be a bit different and not so picked over as the ones in tourist areas.
Gc has the same difference in opinions as Cicis pizza 😃
I work in the food industry and definitely would not describe the food as pigswill as per another post 🤨
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
Wow - really polarised opinions.
I'm erring on the "not for us" side, as I hate Ponderosa...
I may outvoted by everyone else though!
If you hate Ponderosa, I really don't think CG is for you.
Old 24 May 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

The secret is to find the good ones and eat when they are quiet. If we use them it is usually late afternoon and they are full of seniors (us) No queues and the food is good.
Our favourites are the one on the 192 near Sherbeth road and the one in Clermont which is outstanding.
Incidentally one of the best steaks I have had in Florida, and I've had a few, was in the GC on the 192.
Hardly pigswill,having had Scottish school dinners in the 1950s I know what pigswill tastes like!
Old 24 May 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bmcdo
Getting Excited

Mobile

I love(d) it. Ate at three different GCs over three different holidays and had food poisoning three times. Last time I was pregnant so was really not fun. So as much as I love GC I can't trust their food hygenie. On two of the occasions we were first in so it was unlikely to be unclean hands on serving spoons.
bmcdo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bmcdo View Post
I love(d) it. Ate at three different GCs over three different holidays and had food poisoning three times. Last time I was pregnant so was really not fun. So as much as I love GC I can't trust their food hygenie. On two of the occasions we were first in so it was unlikely to be unclean hands on serving spoons.
In this situation I would have contacted the local authority by email there stating which restaurants you may have got the food poisoning from and they would have to investigate what could be an ongoing issue.
Especially as you were pregnant as it could have been very serious.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

We have just returned home from staying onsite for 2 weeks in ddp. We ate at golden coral on 2 evenings. I can honestly say that our 1st visit the service was better than we had at some Disney restaurants. We like the choice and we can now honestly say the food quality is better at gc than it was at Hollywood and vine. We will never go back there and thankfully on ddp otherwise I'd have been annoyed paying oop for poor quality food, not great service and tin tables and chairs. Some gc are quieter and cleaner than others so read trip advisor reviews. We like the 1 thst used to be wood grill. It's the top of international drive near seaworld and there's a nice 1 on the 192 as well. We love it and can't fault it x
Old 26 May 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
The secret is to find the good ones and eat when they are quiet. If we use them it is usually late afternoon and they are full of seniors (us) No queues and the food is good.
Our favourites are the one on the 192 near Sherbeth road and the one in Clermont which is outstanding.
Incidentally one of the best steaks I have had in Florida, and I've had a few, was in the GC on the 192.
Hardly pigswill,having had Scottish school dinners in the 1950s I know what pigswill tastes like!
Interesting comment about the one on the 192 because I didn't like it at all, although last time in there was about 4 years ago..may well try it again on your recommendation
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List