Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jun 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yeah there's an article on business insider that states it's a temporary change and it was to spark attention - people took it seriously and that wasn't their intention. It had me googling!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

New Coke anyone?
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Yes its a gimmick but I have had one of their Burgers and they are pretty darn good, especially with a side of Onion Rings
Old 12 Jun 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JammyDoja
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Yuck! there are so many burger joints already. that is silly. They are renowned for pancakes/ breakfast. This is a totally different business proposition.
They have lost a customer in me anyway
so you have stopped going to ihop because they are temporarily changing their name to let people know they dont just do amazing breakfasts in the morning and thru the day but they also do nice burgers at night? makes total sense
Las Vegas 2011-Luxor/Florida 2011-International Palms
Florida 2012-Fantasy Villas/Florida 2014-Windsor Palms
JammyDoja is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JammyDoja View Post
so you have stopped going to ihop because they are temporarily changing their name to let people know they dont just do amazing breakfasts in the morning and thru the day but they also do nice burgers at night? makes total sense
I didn't realise it was a temporary measure. As it is I can't eat anything at ihop anyway as even their omelettes contain gluten. But I wouldn't bring the kids if it was a burger joint (permanently) as there are other burger joints I /they would prefer.
Ihop have made their name on inexpensive breakfast. If I want inexpensive burgers, I'd choose a more established provider of burgers.
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Surely they will continue with a breakfast offer Otherwise Tracey at Berry Town Center won't be seeing us in November.

Mick
Mick
Assume the one at Berry town centre is good then?...we are staying just up the US27 slightly from there so could be on the cards for a breakfast fill up for us...
We normally just visit there for Publix, and once at Bamboo Wok
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Mick
Assume the one at Berry town centre is good then?...we are staying just up the US27 slightly from there so could be on the cards for a breakfast fill up for us...
We went there last Sept and thought it was very good, staff excellent
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mick
Moz

It's fairly new, clean and we've never been disappointed with breakfast there. We also go to GC occasionally and also Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans down at Posner. We just seem to have got to know Tracey from our recent visits. GC always polarises opinion on here but, to be honest, we think IHOP, CB and BE are pretty similar.

Publix at Berry is always our first night stop for essentials and dinner. Can never face Longhorn on our first night.

Oddly enough even though we've stayed at Highgate for the last 12 visits and Regal Palms & Tuscan Hills a few times as well we only tried Bamboo Wok for the first time last month. As most Dibbers say it was lovely and we will repeat. We have dinner out 95% of the time but we had a reason for us to try it on one of our final evenings. Sesame chicken yum.

Mick
Old 13 Jun 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mick
This one is my favourite ihop to go to when we stay at Legacy Park
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Moz

It's fairly new, clean and we've never been disappointed with breakfast there. We also go to GC occasionally and also Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans down at Posner. We just seem to have got to know Tracey from our recent visits. GC always polarises opinion on here but, to be honest, we think IHOP, CB and BE are pretty similar.

Publix at Berry is always our first night stop for essentials and dinner. Can never face Longhorn on our first night.

Oddly enough even though we've stayed at Highgate for the last 12 visits and Regal Palms & Tuscan Hills a few times as well we only tried Bamboo Wok for the first time last month. As most Dibbers say it was lovely and we will repeat. We have dinner out 95% of the time but we had a reason for us to try it on one of our final evenings. Sesame chicken yum.

Mick
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
This one is my favourite ihop to go to when we stay at Legacy Park
Good to know, thanks folks... we are in Davenport lakes when we move out of POFQ so think a breakfast fill up will be required, not fans of GC to be honest

Only tried Bamboo Wok once when I was over for work with a colleague and we both enjoyed, family arent fans of chinese though so cant see us going this trip
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List