Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jul 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lisa

We paid $150 for dinner (obviously OOP - is that what they call it? ) at Narcoossee's in Feb 2017 but it was a special occasion - our Golden Wedding. A lot of our DIBB friends will also know that it was very special in another way as well having cancelled two trips in 2016.

It was a lovely experience, it was a nice meal, the staff were very attentive, we had a table overlooking Wishes ……………..……….. it was $150

Mick
For a special occasion I totally would. As a I said, a lot of it is experience that costs $150. But since we’re equally as happy with a QS burger as a fillet steak we’ll get by this year without the fancy stuff! (Ok, maybe not just as happy but the burger will do )

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Much of what you pay for at Disney is experience. That said, we’ve never had bad food. We usually have free dining so seldom worry about value and generally enjoy our meals. When anyone asks what on-site meal would you pay OOP for I struggle though. We will pay OOP this year or we won’t eat but we’ll pick a couple of TS meals and the rest will be QS and snacks. No signatures. As much as I enjoyed the signature meals we’ve had over the years there’s no way I’m paying $150 for dinner for two.
I had free dining too last year. Well, I upgraded from the free QSDP to the normal DP for just £192 for 14 days, roughly £12 per day so it was "almost" free considering I went to 5 signature restaurants, 4 normal table service, and lots of quick service plus lots of snacks used at Food and Wine Festival. The vast majority of the food was great. But each time I go to a signature or table service I have a starter OOP + wine (no alcohol was included last year) so when you add the tip it does come close to $50-100 / person even with the entrees and desserts included depending on the location. That said I have no problem with that as long as the food matches expectations.

Edited at 06:12 PM.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Mobile

My ten cents: In some Disney restaurants you are paying a premium for the experience, agree. In ALL Disney restaurants you're paying a big premium for the location. Significant that at Disneyland where there are a lot more options to eat just outside the park the Disney food is considered better. WDW pretty much a captive audience
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'

That's the last one that disappointed last year. Maybe I had too high expectations but the reviews were unanimous: best fried chicken EVER! Well no, it was just fried chicken. Sure it tasted better than KFC but that's about it. The supposedly amazing mac and cheese tasted pretty normal to me lol. The best part was the deviled eggs but again hardly worth writing home about them. In the end I regretted spending 1 credit here.
Expectation: 8/10. Reality: 5/10.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Worst ever 2006
Mamá Melrose

Plate of greasy pasta
Insipid dessert

Expectations 8/10.

It’s only Italian after all how difficult is that

Reality 0/10

Personally speaking, I’m not convinced that the restaurants at WDW are that special. Many menus do look repetitive. Generally though on the whole I’ve always enjoyed my dining experiences except Mana Melrose.

Edited at 06:46 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I haven't ever eaten on site and thought wow that was amazing, totally worth the ridic overinflation of the prices.

Whispering Canyon was a 30th birthday meal treat - steaks like boot leather.
T rex - half my streak was fat
Coral Reef - Little selection for non fish lovers which I find strange as why would you want to eat what you are looking at, I'd feel the same eating steak on a cow farm
Chef Mickey/ Hollywood & Vine/ Tuskers House - Its a golden corral breakfast at twice the price
Biergarten - I don't want to sit with random people and the food is not worth the price
CRT - Again what exactly am I paying twice the price for.
Backyard BBQ - It was like a slop house and air conditioning is required.
Be our guest - Can I please have my food hot and not just dumped on my table
Beaches & Cream - A overpriced Dairy Queen.

I will begrudgingly do the Character Meals but apart from that and the counter service meals I wouldn't eat on site, too many off site restaurants that I can and do enjoy at half the price and twice the quality
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
On the flip side-

Food & service fabulous at:
Breakfast CRT
Breakfast Trattoria
Breakfast H&V
Breakfast Akerhus

Lunch coral reef

Dinner jiko

Breakfast at 1900Pf was good...service initially was slow-but vastly improved after I moaned and was overheard by management

And back to op question
Dinner at be our guest was the worst meal the whole trip according to Dd1
#meetthebeast was the only positive...
I enjoyed mine
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
On the flip side-

Food & service fabulous at:
Breakfast CRT
Breakfast Trattoria
Breakfast H&V
Breakfast Akerhus

Lunch coral reef

Dinner jiko

Breakfast at 1900Pf was good...service initially was slow-but vastly improved after I moaned and was overheard by management

And back to op question
Dinner at be our guest was the worst meal the whole trip according to Dd1
#meetthebeast was the only positive...
I enjoyed mine
Oh me too! BoG dinner was over rated. We spent $100 on steak and McCain Home Fries plus a rubbish chocolate biscuit. I had read so many good reviews too.

I do think if free dining didn’t exist we wouldn’t hear about most Disney restaurants. When people “big up” a place it’s usually because someone on free DDP is looking for recommendations.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

We paid Oop for the flying fish 2 years ago.so excited to go and food was just average and set us back nearly $300 .The following night we went to The bonefish Grille and had 3 outstanding meals for $70.
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
We paid Oop for the flying fish 2 years ago.so excited to go and food was just average and set us back nearly $300 .The following night we went to The bonefish Grille and had 3 outstanding meals for $70.

Bonefish is one of our favourites as well.

Mick