Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Jul 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
My experience with Dollar this March can only bear out what Tom calls "harsh words" my words to describe Dollar Staff at MCO would get me banned from here
Is it any surprise that they trailed in a poor last in the recent favourite car hire poll?

Mick
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Is it any surprise that they trailed in a poor last in the recent favourite car hire poll?

Mick
No surprise there Mick - the only surprise is that folks book with them at all...oops that came out loud I am convinced that staff at MCO treat everyone - and don't get me started on how they treat disabled drivers , as if they will only ever come to Orlando once but they do forget that many many of us come through a few times every year and yes, we actually let others know of our experiences. When their own staff described themselves as "the red-haired step child of Hertz - no insult intended I'm quoting the manager at MCO here, I'm only surprised that they stay in business at all.

Please don't shoot me - I speak from almost thirty years experience of car hire at MCO.
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
No surprise there Mick - the only surprise is that folks book with them at all...oops that came out loud I am convinced that staff at MCO treat everyone - and don't get me started on how they treat disabled drivers , as if they will only ever come to Orlando once but they do forget that many many of us come through a few times every year and yes, we actually let others know of our experiences. When their own staff described themselves as "the red-haired step child of Hertz - no insult intended I'm quoting the manager at MCO here, I'm only surprised that they stay in business at all.

Please don't shoot me - I speak from almost thirty years experience of car hire at MCO.
I certainly won't shoot you. I've hired around 35 times but maybe equally from MCO and SFB. Possibly a quarter of the times that Tom's hired though.

Just found the poll. Maybe Dollar supporters were a bit shy.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...highlight=poll

Sorry they weren't last. Seems like Budget and Sixt were "disliked" more. Stats may not be totally reliable though as I guess Sixt aren't as popular anyway being off-site.

Mick
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Mick, just to prove my point about MCO I have used Dollar at Chicago O'Hare for the last 5/6 years and their service and staff are amazing - they even drive us back to the Terminal in the car I've returned so I don't have to wait for shuttle bus and last year even checked in our bags kerb-side.
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Mick, just to prove my point about MCO I have used Dollar at Chicago O'Hare for the last 5/6 years and their service and staff are amazing - they even drive us back to the Terminal in the car I've returned so I don't have to wait for shuttle bus and last year even checked in our bags kerb-side.
Carol

Just shows the difference I guess between the MCO staff seeing all Brits as gullible holidaymakers and at O'Hare they mainly deal with business people.

Wonder if the MCO staff deal with American customers the same as us. I've absolutely no statistics to prove it but for every Brit hirer there must me a hundred domestic drivers.

I forgot that we did hire once from Sixt at Fort Lauderdale off a cruise. Very small location a few miles from the port. We got a cracking road map - more of an A-Z of Miami and FL really.

Mick
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My mate hired from Dollar just before they lost the Virgin contract. The car they gave him was a total dog.
He went back in to complain and said to the Guy no wonder you have lost the contract whereupon this guy threw a new set of keys at him.

Big mistake! They ended up giving him a brand new Mustang and refunding his rental cost.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

God I’m stressing guys! Any tips?
Old 28 Jul 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Cannot abide dollar,however no choice this year as their price for a 7seater via netflights was unmissable,basically they lie to you,unless you know exactly what’s what,if you are a first timer ,beware,they WILL fleece you,full stop,oh sir “but this is state law” ,try again mate,and “this”,now you are 0 for 2 and on deck as they say in baseball, Alamo any day and their skip the counter,but thanks(or not to mr tom) several months ago pointing me in the direction of netflights I am stuck with dollar, so in 15 days LET THE GAMES BEGIN, dollar v bondy for the world title,I wil let you know, bondy.
BONDY LAD is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Accy123
I want to go now!

Dollar car hire

We have been going to Orlando since the early 1990,s and in the vast majority of our trips we have used Dollar. I can honestly say that we were never given a hard sell at the counter, the staff were pleasant and gave all the relevant information which included Sunpasses availability.
When collecting our car we have always been given the choice of about 15 or more cars of the class we booked
This is just a different point of view to other Dibbers.
Accy123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Cannot abide dollar,however no choice this year as their price for a 7seater via netflights was unmissable,basically they lie to you,unless you know exactly what’s what,if you are a first timer ,beware,they WILL fleece you,full stop,oh sir “but this is state law” ,try again mate,and “this”,now you are 0 for 2 and on deck as they say in baseball, Alamo any day and their skip the counter,but thanks(or not to mr tom) several months ago pointing me in the direction of netflights I am stuck with dollar, so in 15 days LET THE GAMES BEGIN, dollar v bondy for the world title,I wil let you know, bondy.
I’m a few days ahead of you so il let you know how I get on. Wish me luck!