Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

No idea about the 2021 celebrations, just wanted to say well done for getting the hubby hooked, I've tried hard with mine but he just doesn't get it!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Re your Avios question, no you don't get totally free flights you still have to pay the taxes, & possibly seat selection by then & anything else than can manage to slip in to the equation! Just be as flexible as possible when you start looking for availability.
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
No idea about the 2021 celebrations, just wanted to say well done for getting the hubby hooked, I've tried hard with mine but he just doesn't get it!
This is me, so now I just go without him!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Glenn1234
Excited about Disney

Glenn1234's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're going out for the 2021 Celebrations. Hopefully, there will be stuff starting in July/August. Going for 4 weeks!
Glenbrook 2013

Glenbrook 2016
Glenn1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

For previous anniversary events they have often had year long celebrations. I remember going with my parents for the 25th anniversary I think it was when the castle was decorated like a giant pink birthday cake!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We were there for the 40th. On the day, 1st October, we went into MK which was packed but a great atmosphere - there was no huge celebration but every street entertainer was out, a castle show with most of the characters, there were badges etc given out and special merchandise which had queues as long as the rides. Nothing was on in any of the other parks/resorts as they opened well after the MK.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...92#post6802092
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 10:23 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
I also go without him it’s me and my adult children and partner he just doesn’t get it either
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by clochette View Post
This is me, so now I just go without him!
same here...its just my DS16 and I this time. It might mean dragging the luggage and getting DS instead of DH to reach the overhead lockers but it will be cheaper to book any extra events Silver lining and all that

I hadnt realised about 2021 celebrations at WDW

...my sons 18th! Hmmmmm...might need to put a deposit down come the release dates.

Watching with interest, thank you.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following. (DH will have heart failure if he sees this post 😂 - he’s already said this is the 1st & only trip &#128514
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blodders View Post
I seem to have created a Disney addict in my DH. Our last trip was supposed to be our LAST trip. He is now talking about the 2021 celebrations. Soooo, just a couple of questions. What will happen and when by way of celebration? How far out can you book? Also we have loads of avios. What is the most efficient way of using them. Can we actually get free flights or only a discount?
I was dragged by mrs Thorpy in 2003 expecting a one and done. I'm a dibber and Disney podcast and history consumer, she just likes to go there on holiday.

You can expect Bedlam on the actual day, if they push the boat out you might get 2 types of special cupcake !
The celebrations will last about 18 months.

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
I will be 60 in 2021
It would be so rude not to visit during the year wouldn't it
I'll be 50...so yes a trip is on the cards.