Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Aug 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
How Expensive is at the moment to eat out?

Hi All
After another hiatus from the Dibb, I am back in planning mode. Just opened 2015 (last visit) spreadsheet and added in new dates for Oct 2018. Cant believe I have so much to fit in and so few days (Disney, US/IOA and HHN!).

I was just wondering with the dollar so low and reports back of high prices to eat and drink out especially in parks, how worried do I need to be about spends? On previous trips dollar has been reasonable, not the measly $1.25 to £1 it is now. Will we be sitting in villa eating Walmart Pizza or stuffing our faces in Bahama Breeze?

Can anybody give me an idea of meal costs in the chain type (Longhorn, Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden etc) restaurants and an idea of Disney or universal? I have heard you need a mortgage to eat in Disney this year! I won't be planning too many meals in Disney, but I do like a nice sit down meal on occasion, and am happy with a quick snack meal at other times. Most meals would be main course only plus say 2 drinks each, possibly the odd desert.

Any recent returnees with news of eating out would be most welcome.

Thanks, Mark.
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are just back. A table service meal at Disney costs between $29 and $59 per person

Externally, Applebee’s around $15 for main meal. Olive Garden is more expensive

The additional tax and service costs are the real pain adding about 25% on to the total cost
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

We are one of those rare breeds that never eat on site - unless it's our Golden Wedding anniversary which we did celebrate at Narcoossee's last year and the bill was $150 for two. We also hold views that may be considered heresy on here and aren't of the opinion that a $50 fillet steak at the Yachtsman is twice as good as a $25 Longhorn fillet.

So that's us. Two 72 year olds who have 99% of dinners at the likes of Longhorn, Texas, Carrabba's, Bonefish Grill, Red Lobster and the like. 90% of the time we only have an entrée with sodas (sorry I don't drink alcohol in restaurants as I'm always driving and have zero tolerance).

An average dinner then for two excluding tips in those places between $50 and $55. Catch an "early bird" and you could both do steaks for around $40.

Mick
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

For the two of us, Disney meals tend to cost us about $100 (2 entrees, 2 desserts and 2 non alcoholic drinks) while offsite for the same was around $50-$60 at most places.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
thank you both so much.

We will not be going to parks to eat on an eve and most of our meals are in Longhorn etc.

Thanks
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

For our party of 7 we are spending around 200-300 per day on food drink. Most expensive meal was Cheesecake Factory at $230 cheapest has been Wendy's, family chili and fries for $30.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

Mobile

The cost for eating out is broadly what it has always been (with a small inflation based rise).

What has made the biggest difference is the fact that we earn money in pounds and spend it in dollars over there.

As the pound is much weaker than it has been for most of the last decade it will feel more expensive in reality what's really the case is that we all got a great deal for a few years because the pound was strong.

Until May and the Brexit gang sort out the exit strategy this won't get any better, although strangely I think what the actual resolution is won't matter. Just that we settle on a path and stick to it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Do the websites show prices on the menus? We are a family of 4 and only take $200 per day to feed us all. We eat at places like Unos, Chilis, red robin as well as cheaper options like Taco Bell, cicis and Golden Corral
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
Do the websites show prices on the menus? We are a family of 4 and only take $200 per day to feed us all. We eat at places like Unos, Chilis, red robin as well as cheaper options like Taco Bell, cicis and Golden Corral
Most do but you may have to go on to the actual restaurant location first as they may have regional differences.

Mick
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

This was a recent bill from Applebee’s. Five of us, one had an appetiser as a main, I had two appetisers as a main. 4 soft drinks, 1cocktail, 2 desserts, just to give you an idea...

JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List