Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Aug 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
Do the websites show prices on the menus? We are a family of 4 and only take $200 per day to feed us all. We eat at places like Unos, Chilis, red robin as well as cheaper options like Taco Bell, cicis and Golden Corral
ocharleys/menu

littlegreekrestaurant/loc...l-celebration/

Two places that we eat in of the top of my head that have prices.

Edited at 05:42 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

We got back on a Friday.

Longhorn cost us about $120 plus tax & tip for 6 (eating 5 adult meals / 1 child). That was for an average priced entree (ribs / chicken) and drinks. Entrees were about $ 12 for a sandwich / fries to $ 34 for a decent steak.TRex was the most expensive at around $160 for entrees / drinks plus tax and tip. in IHOP was consistently $ 64 - 68 plus tip. In the parks, we were spending roughly $ 14 per person for an entree and regular soft drinks were $ 3.29. In IoA, we paid as much as we did at Longhorn - $120 for ribs / chicken / wraps etc. Steak n Shake was a great value option, particularly during their 2 - 5pm happy hour.

The most surprising expenses were in the supermarkets, with sourdough bread at almost $3 per loaf, milk at similar per gallon etc - the basic cost of living was much higher than expected.

Edited at 05:47 PM.
holidaysaver75 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
This was a recent bill from Applebee’s. Five of us, one had an appetiser as a main, I had two appetisers as a main. 4 soft drinks, 1cocktail, 2 desserts, just to give you an idea...

Interesting to see that the service was only acceptable and not good or great as you only tipped 19%
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Having not been for 4 years, for 2 of us, offsite I reckon $100 per day, and any change out of that can go into general spending, adding our DD in I would only increase that budget to $120. We’ve always found it can be just as cheap to eat out, as in, on holiday, and even though we can self cater if we want to, our opinion is we’re on holiday and don’t want to cook, for us it’s all part of the experience.

My parents were there in June and they prefer to self cater due to mums dietary requirements and found it expensive to shop, especially for fresh stuff.
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Interesting to see that the service was only acceptable and not good or great as you only tipped 19%
About 21% - you tip based on the pre-tax amount . Pretty sure the $1.99 for the games wouldn’t be included in the tippable amount either. You can pay on the machines on the table, and it offers you the different amounts to tip, which is great for me as I can’t be bothered to do maths on holiday
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
About 21% - you tip based on the pre-tax amount . Pretty sure the $1.99 for the games wouldn’t be included in the tippable amount either. You can pay on the machines on the table, and it offers you the different amounts to tip, which is great for me as I can’t be bothered to do maths on holiday
Hmmm - just had a look, and it looks like the tip is 20% of the total bill including the tax... either way, the machine worked it all out...
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

In may we ate at applebys and millers a lot
Average around $80 a meal
So not bad for us six
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
QS meals in theme parks tend to run about $15-20, but eating onsite at TS is where it gets very pricy! We very rarely ever ate at a table service restaurant until we started staying onsite with the dining plan. Offsite is cheaper, but not as so as it used to be.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
We got back on a Friday.

Longhorn cost us about $120 plus tax & tip for 6 (eating 5 adult meals / 1 child). That was for an average priced entree (ribs / chicken) and drinks. Entrees were about $ 12 for a sandwich / fries to $ 34 for a decent steak.TRex was the most expensive at around $160 for entrees / drinks plus tax and tip. in IHOP was consistently $ 64 - 68 plus tip. In the parks, we were spending roughly $ 14 per person for an entree and regular soft drinks were $ 3.29. In IoA, we paid as much as we did at Longhorn - $120 for ribs / chicken / wraps etc. Steak n Shake was a great value option, particularly during their 2 - 5pm happy hour.

The most surprising expenses were in the supermarkets, with sourdough bread at almost $3 per loaf, milk at similar per gallon etc - the basic cost of living was much higher than expected.

Completely agree with this. We also got back Friday and overspent largely because of how expensive the supermarkets are now as we were in a villa and ate breakfast and lunch there. We couldn't believe the cost of some basic items - especially if they were remotely healthy! Much more expensive in supermarkets in the US than in the UK now I feel, even in Walmart.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I would say they thought the service was perfectly acceptable by tipping over 18%, this average expected tip malarkey of 20 - 25% is getting quite out of hand. I remember when the guide books all recommended 15%

Edited at 02:50 PM.
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List