Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Oct 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Yes there is free WiFi. Only my Wife has the EE Max plan so I need it to read the news whilst shopping. I have the cheap contract so no data!
It's very good actually, far better than Walmart
Thanks again, Publix it is then 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Outrageous that some items have increased by up to 33% and few of us has had that much pay increase in 10 years.

Pure greed and no excuses for these rip off prices.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Beccas Dad
slightly serious Dibber

How does instacart work compared to garden grocer ?

We were planning on using GG this next trip.The website explains all aspects of ordering, and delivery to Disney...but it’s not that cheap.

But this instacart sounds interesting.Looks like you have to sign up before you can find out how it works excactly.
Beccas Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m addicted to black coffee and like Disney’s brand but detest Starbucks with a vengeance!

Wonder if I can take my trusty Thermos in with me!
I like Disney coffee. It’s something I look forward to when I get there... sometimes it’s the little things.

So

Can I use refil mugs for coffee as I don’t drink soda etc.

Yep. I’m now considering a thermos. Even though I’m on the DDP I do drink lots of coffee... however I’m not paying those overhyped prices...
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beccas Dad View Post
How does instacart work compared to garden grocer ?

We were planning on using GG this next trip.The website explains all aspects of ordering, and delivery to Disney...but it’s not that cheap.

But this instacart sounds interesting.Looks like you have to sign up before you can find out how it works excactly.
theres a really good thread here all about Instacart -

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post13365191
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I like Disney coffee. It’s something I look forward to when I get there... sometimes it’s the little things.

So

Can I use refil mugs for coffee as I don’t drink soda etc.

Yep. I’m now considering a thermos. Even though I’m on the DDP I do drink lots of coffee... however I’m not paying those overhyped prices...
you can - as in you can use your refill mugs in the resort to get your coffee. To be honest I'm not sure I'd take it with me in the refill mug to the parks, the mugs are not well-insulated at all and they are not leak-proof from the top opening either.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Will have to start looking at idea to save while in parks now. Definitely will take bottle of water.

There’s no way on the first trip I won’t be buying mickey ice creams tho. It’s a right of passage especially on the first day at mk for us so I’ll just have to deal with the price hike
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Unfortunately I fear this is the first price hike and there will be lots more,here at the moment and they are going big on the star wars attractions in Hollywood studios,as well as the sky rail,they are making a new entrance for cars as according to most cast members we have spoke to it's going to be crazy when it opens,they seem to be trying to recoup a lot of there outlay instantly in my opionion.
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I thought the prices were OTT before the hikes...Glad I have the free dining next time ...Universal is going to be getting a lot more buisness if this continues...there is only so much an experience is worth and I think Disney need to remember this.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Thats the Publix I use all the time. 5 mins max from the edge of the Vineland shopping area. Crossings to get across the road and very safe.
Thanks Tom - my worry would have been crossing the roads. I think we’ll take a visit this year. Mostly because I’ve never been in one! But I absolutely hate Dasani Water.

The price increases don’t bother us because we have the free DDP. But of course if we didn’t have that they are extortionate!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List