Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Oct 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

It doesn't bother me at all, i've been on holiday countless places and people are drinking with breakfast - Bucks Fizz(Mimosas) anyone? The allocation of an alcoholic drink in the DDP is to almost show you're having something of more worth than fountain beverages (which are pennies per glass to drink) having one alcoholic drink especially later on in the day can lead to a purchase of a second drink with a meal so that's the link for more to be spent.
Old 8 Oct 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
What I need to find out now is where can I get cocktails on QSDP? (my wife likes the odd cocktail when on holiday - but only if someone else is paying! )
]

Ha ha I'm the same. I've looked through menus on the Disney website and found some that look nice. Wont be going out of my way to eat at those with cocktails but if I'm eating at one of them anyway I think its a must do.

Personally after working in EPCOT for a year and also visiting the parks, I don't see how including one drink is going to cause any change in the behaviour people already display. If people want to drink they will pay for it so including it in the dining plan wont change that.

I do like a drink with a meal and wont be saying no. I agree with what others have said though, this is all about Disney trying to make money and by including alcohol I think it leads on to the possibility of removing free dining from the offerings. People are much more likely to pay for dining if it includes alcohol in my opinion and therefore it wouldn't surprise me if they reduce the free dining offers even further going forward.
Old 8 Oct 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

I think it's a good idea- I will have a cocktail (maybe 2) with dinner anyway so it's actually saving me money- the only thing I would change about the dining plan is I would have an app not a dessert as I end up taking away or not bothering with dessert, but that's just personal preference

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

What I need to find out now is where can I get cocktails on QSDP? (my wife likes the odd cocktail when on holiday - but only if someone else is paying! )[/QUOTE]

Electric Umbrella and Backlot Express, I’m sure there’s more.
I don’t mind the addition of a drink with a meal but breakfast is too early for me though. Not sure why you’d want too but I guess if you’re having it as a brunch for a special occasion you might be able to justify it.
I’ve never seen anyone drunk in Disney yet and anyone who could get drunk in the park obviously has too much money and too little sense.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by nicki2014 View Post
I think it's a good idea- I will have a cocktail (maybe 2) with dinner anyway so it's actually saving me money- the only thing I would change about the dining plan is I would have an app not a dessert as I end up taking away or not bothering with dessert, but that's just personal preference
I didn't think you got a dessert now they changed the plan and gave you an extra snack credit. Its just a meal and drink now isn't it?

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I fancy some of the non alcoholic speciality drinks - nice to know I could get those free.

I rarely drink alcohol as it raises my body temperature, but a glass of wine with dinner might be nice.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I didn't think you got a dessert now they changed the plan and gave you an extra snack credit. Its just a meal and drink now isn't it?
I'm not sure I haven't been since 2015 so it may have changed- I don't think you got dessert for QS last time I went but you got one for TS

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
You still get dessert with TS meals but not with QS. You can usually swap your drink for a dessert at your hotel food court though.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Not sure why you’d want too but I guess if you’re having it as a brunch for a special occasion you might be able to justify it.
Thanks for the info.

Whilst I wouldn't want alcohol at breakfast, I'm not sure that anyone that did would need to justify it. Surely its just a personal prefernece?
Old 8 Oct 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

The increased choice is a good thing, I feel. It will be nice to vary our liquid sugar intake and I can't have too much fizz so being able to have a glass of wine or milkshake (rather than the only "flat" options being fruit juice or water) at no extra cost is very good news. As we booked the free DDP before the change, I have to say it was a surprising and pleasing letter to open!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List