Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Oct 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

Have we been done ?

Long story I’ve booked me and my family with virgin holidays to go next year staying in a 6 bed villa.DD wants her boyfriend to come so we priced up to upgrade the villa to 7 bed virgin have quoted £1500 it was £1100 back in August but prices have gone up ! We’re payong £1900 each for villa virgin flights car hire and Disney and universal tickets.
He’s just been told his will be £3000 that’s flights ,upgrade villa and Disney and universal tickets ! I thought that was a huge amount to pay but he’s gone and paid his deposit! Does that sound about right or has he made a huge mistake !
My idea was to book flight and wait to see if upgrade villa price comes down but he’s booked it as they told him it might go up 😡 so annoyed as we’ve been messed about by virgin holidays by not getting back to us and the girl that delt with us was great but has left 😩 would you cancel the villa upgrade and wait and see or leave it as it is now ? 🙄

Edited at 02:57 PM.
kat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Well, if I've understood your post correctly his £3000 would be £1500 to upgrade the villa, £700-ish for the park tickets leaving £800 for the flight.

Is that right? £1500 to upgrade sounds steep but I don't know how many 7 bedroom villas there are or what they cost.
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That sounds a huge amount of money. How many of you are going? Do you need 7 bedrooms? If not could you not just book him a flight and book his tickets separately? Alternatively you could take the villa off the booking altogether and book a larger villa yourself. When I spoke to Virgin and checked where there villas were they were all quite far away from the parks.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

Mobile

His flight was £748 and tickets was £640ish so Yh I didn’t think about taking villa off! Can I do that when it’s package ?
kat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry there 14 of us so definitely need 7 bed 😀
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did that exact thing this year. We had booked Regal Oaks but decided we wanted more space. They didn’t have a villa we liked available so we asked them to take it off and booked our own. It was still classed as a package as we had the car through them.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Omg I can’t belive that I never thought of cancelling it off ! Shall I price up another villa before I cancel the virgin villa ? Do I need to email virgin to ask how much our holiday will change to ? Will they put up price of flight to get round it ?😬 sorry for all the questions.
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post

We booked a massive 6 bed villa new on Champions gate through Travel Planners as part of a package but its worth finding out the price of a 7 bed if you can DIY it but your quote does sound a little expensive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Look at villas on vr360homes.com homeandaway.co.uk villas2000.com. We have used them all in the past to book villas.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

I think the issue is that by going from a 6 bed to a 7 bed DD's boyfriend is paying for 2 extra places i.e one whole room, you were only paying for just less than half a room each (13 people in a 6 bed). If you do the maths its not that far off:

3k minus 748 and 640 = 1612 left for the extra room in villa

1900 minus 748 and 640 (assuming flight cost is same) = 512 per person for villa - that works out at 1100 ish per room for the 6 bed?
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List