Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Used it for the first time on 29th Dec, much more relaxing start to our trip, food was fine . My partner is a nervous flyer and she said it made her feel calmer . Worth every penny. Our next hol has the v room included for free and the upgraded one with free beer/wine/spirits. Not sure about drinking alcohol at 6.30am though with my cooked breakfast !
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Onceuponadreamx
Helping Donald

We chose not to book it when we went to WDW but then they emailed us a week before the flight to offer a discounted rate which we ended up taking. We would have probably paid full price to be honest. The food was lovely, we were able to check in for our car hire in the lounge with a Virgin hostess which meant we didn't have to do any of that when we arrived at MCO and literally just got in the car we wanted and drove off. I'd definitely do it again.
Onceuponadreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I've been in twice and really enjoyed it, away from the hustle and bustle, comfy seats, nice staff and you can just help yourself to food and drinks (dunno about alcohol though).

Found it nice and relaxing.

2017 we didn't go in and I missed it.

Going back this year and would recommend it.
Old 20 Jan 19, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We are also trying to decide if it’s worth booking this too when flying from Manchester. Good and bad points brought up to think about.
Old 20 Jan 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CanIMoveToWDW
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We used it on our last trip & have booked for November - it’s just nice to be away from the hustle & bustle of the departure lounge & get chance to relax, especially with somewhere for the kids to use some energy before being cooped up in the plane for 8/9hrs 👍🏼
CanIMoveToWDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I've never used the V-Room at MAN, but am a frequent user of the Escape Lounge in T2 as Virgin send their Upper Class passengers there. I notice from the MAN website that the Escape Lounge is available for my trip in 3 weeks at £24pp. Don't think I'd pay that to be honest as I won't eat or drink that much worth of food (even at inflated airside prices). Also the Escape Lounge can often get very busy.

If the V-Room is similar (which I believe it is, but with a more family / holiday orientated offering as only virgin Holidays customers can use it) and is a similar price, I'd probably not bother - particularly if flying off-peak out of school holidays. I can also imagine that, like the Escape Lounge, the V-Room gets quite busy at peak periods.

I'll be using the Escape Lounge in 3 weeks time as it's free, but if not in Upper Class I'd just find somewhere quiet to sit near a gate, read the paper & keep an eye on the monitors. If there is a large group of you flying, the cost of lounge access can soon add up - money that is probably better spent in Florida (but each to their own opinion, or course).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We've never used lounges, but we do stay at the holiday inn onsite. That allows us to have a lie in, a nice breakfast and roll across to the airport at such a time as to not really need anywhere to sit down. Once we've done security WHSmith, duty free etc, we're on to the gate area.
Old 20 Jan 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

we use the 1903 lounge love it
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashleylvsgoofy
VIP Dibber

Too many people in what is supposed to be a relaxing area - we did not enjoy the experience
If you can get it included it might be worth it but not paying for it