Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Thumbs up Virgin Holidays

Hi

We have never used virgin holidays before and they are working out cheaper than booking it separate at the moment, Virgin flights are so expensive!

Are they are ok to use? can you do a upgrade for flights? do they have a app? easy to deal with?

Also, i am booking just for my mum, i have spoken to the virgin call line and in store and they said i am ok to book it as 1 person as she will be flying on her own and staying in the hotel. i will be joining her at the hotel, and that i am just to tell the hotel when we arrive as you pay per room? has anyone done this?

I work out there so i won't be flying from home for this holiday?

x

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Until their prices soared ( for me) I always used Virgin Holidays and never had an issue.

Yes you can manage booking online. At time of booking you can usually choose class of flight. Its been three years now so it might have changed, but, I also used to get upgrade offers when I logged into my booking.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RioRio
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We’ve always used them previously - about 10 times now.

You can upgrade your seats as you book or after. They have a “manage my booking” page on their website you can use and you can call, email or even text them for help or queries with your booking. Never used an app so not sure they have one but maybe just check the App Store.

Most hotels are pay by room so I assume that would be fine but personally I’d give the actual hotel a call just to tell them I’d also be arriving.
RioRio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneezy
Imagineer

Yes they have an Ap which seems to be quite good, once you get your flight code you can also use the Virgin Airlines Ap to select seats ect
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Oddly enough, I've just booked flights, car and 14 day ultimate and KSC tickets for less £400 less than VH through Virgin Atlantic. VA's car hire also includes full insurance, VH's is basic third party. Slightly more expensive than booking though BA, but have a DD who gets extremely anxious and she's used to VA. Not sure if I was just lucky?

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hipthehippo View Post
Oddly enough, I've just booked flights, car and 14 day ultimate and KSC tickets for less £400 less than VH through Virgin Atlantic. VA's car hire also includes full insurance, VH's is basic third party. Slightly more expensive than booking though BA, but have a DD who gets extremely anxious and she's used to VA. Not sure if I was just lucky?
ill have a look on Virgin Atlantic now for there Flight and Hotel Package. Hotel said it was fine for me to come just to tell them when i arrive that i will be there for the fire list.

:-)

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
derek1973
Earning More Ears

Virgin Holidays

7 previous trips I’ve always done everything on my own this year used Virgin Holidays. Excellent price for our December trip to Cabana Bay. You have to be aware their initial car hire doesn’t include the Gold insurance but when I have added that, first visit to the V Room,free parking at Cabana Bay and with it all on the Virgin Holidays App incl payments,link to VA etc I’m really pleased with the deal I got,plus a drink each when we ordered, what’s not to like ha ha 😀
derek1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

I’ve booked with them for my next holiday. Great when you book but different once they have your money. I’ve been waiting for them to sort out an issue for me since mid December. Somebody is always going to call me back but never does. I would never use them again.
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve used them on a number of previous trips. They were always OK. They did sort out one major issue I had. Price in the past has always been similar to others or DIY so booked with them for additional ATOL protection over going DIY and for the flying club miles. You do get an additional discount on line and on the phone as a flying club member as well as miles on the holiday spend on top of the flights. You don’t get that in the shops, but I found you could haggle better there.

However not booked with them for our next trip and prices seem to have shot up for the one I’m planning after that. However it’s still too early to book so they may come down later or others may go up too.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I've only used them once due to price, usually booking ourselves.
The one time we did use them we left our buggy airside and VH staff retreived it for us. They also rearranged transport as we'd missed it due to waiting for the buggy.