Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Crowd levels in early February

I’m pretty sure I’ve asked this question before somewhere but now I can’t find it, so I’m looking for some reassurance! What will the crowd levels roughly be like in early Feb?

We are there for a week from 4th to 11th and I had looked at some crowd calendars online and it seemed to be saying it would be ‘quiet’ (I’m aware that doesn’t actually mean quiet, just as quiet as the theme parks get these days) and I’ve also seen these calendars say this week we are currently in would be quiet, but then I watched Tim Tracker in Universal today- I believe it was filmed on Friday?- and it was very busy, a lot busier then I was expecting for ‘quiet’.

Anyway, we are going either way so it doesn’t matter that much I guess but I just worry

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

There is no quiet time at the moment as such. Feb is definitely one of the quietest times nowadays, but that's in context. Basically you probably won't see it much quieter.
There has been a flattening of the seasons too. Summer isn't as bad as it once was I don't think.
The key is go in early (EMH if on site) and come back to hotel lunchtime or just after
Also work the Fastpass system on the fly.
If you do this, I went in summer and was doing 8- 10 rides a day in the parks with virtually no queuing.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
There is no quiet time at the moment as such. Feb is definitely one of the quietest times nowadays, but that's in context. Basically you probably won't see it much quieter.
There has been a flattening of the seasons too. Summer isn't as bad as it once was I don't think.
The key is go in early (EMH if on site) and come back to hotel lunchtime or just after
Also work the Fastpass system on the fly.
If you do this, I went in summer and was doing 8- 10 rides a day in the parks with virtually no queuing.
We won’t have EMH unfortunately, but I have organised our fastpasses for all morning slots so hopefully we can get at least one more per day once we’ve used those up.

We also have a morning reservation at Be Our Guest- 9:25- can we enter the park early with this or do we do rope drop? If anyone knows that would be great!
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We were there last February, slightly later as we arrived on the 10th. It was very busy, much more so than I expected, AK on the 12th was heaving! I think that was partly due to Mardi Gras coinciding with the week leading up to Presidents Day.

I agree with Yorkshire T though, sensible planning, early starts and use of the app to get more fastpasses means it is generally fine

9.25 at BOG would mean doing rope drop, you need a pre 9am to get in early. I would suggest either to try and get it earlier, or to move it a bit later as 9-10 is the quietest times in the park
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just managed to move BOG to 9:50 and will keep looking for later, but I’m happy with having those 50 minutes to have a run round and get on some things. Thanks for the advice!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Just managed to move BOG to 9:50 and will keep looking for later, but I’m happy with having those 50 minutes to have a run round and get on some things. Thanks for the advice!
Sounds good, should let you do a few things in Fantasyland early on. Just to check that you also know they will let you into Main Street from 8 then hold you outside the castle, so it’s worth arriving in good time
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Sounds good, should let you do a few things in Fantasyland early on. Just to check that you also know they will let you into Main Street from 8 then hold you outside the castle, so it’s worth arriving in good time
I just asked this in a new thread! I was wondering about that. Do you know roughly how long it will take us to get to MK on the monorail and through security, etc? Just so I know how much time to leave.
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

That time in BOG is prime ride time. Do lunch instead I'd say.

Get there rope drop and start the Fastpasses kicking in at 10.

Takes you through to lunch. Good Fastpasses on the fly then include Philharmonic, Buzz Light-year, etc the lesser rides.

My suggestion is ropedrop, get one of first on Space Mountain, then Splash, then Thunder, then Haunted Mansion.

Then Fastpass Pirates of Caribbean for 10 ish (if park opened at 8). Then you have until 11 to use it.

Then Fastpass Peter Pan or whatever then mine train.

It's now 12.30 to 1. As you book into your last Fastpass in the queue learn to work the app, looking for more Fastpasses. Learn how it responds differently the way you work it, selecting times etc rather than just having the auto selections come up in the ribbon. It does respond differently

Hopefully as you are in that last queue before lunch, you'll bag another. Have lunch then rinse and repeat, every time you scan your band to check in for a ride, straight on the app looking for the next Fastpass.

It amazes me how many are queuing for rides when Fastpasses are coming up continuously. But they don't know how to work the system.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That time in BOG is prime ride time. Do lunch instead I'd say.

Get there rope drop and start the Fastpasses kicking in at 10.

Takes you through to lunch. Good Fastpasses on the fly then include Philharmonic, Buzz Light-year, etc the lesser rides.

My suggestion is ropedrop, get one of first on Space Mountain, then Splash, then Thunder, then Haunted Mansion.

Then Fastpass Pirates of Caribbean for 10 ish (if park opened at 8). Then you have until 11 to use it.

Then Fastpass Peter Pan or whatever then mine train.

It's now 12.30 to 1. As you book into your last Fastpass in the queue learn to work the app, looking for more Fastpasses. Learn how it responds differently the way you work it, selecting times etc rather than just having the auto selections come up in the ribbon. It does respond differently

Hopefully as you are in that last queue before lunch, you'll bag another. Have lunch then rinse and repeat, every time you scan your band to check in for a ride, straight on the app looking for the next Fastpass.

It amazes me how many are queuing for rides when Fastpasses are coming up continuously. But they don't know how to work the system.
Unfortunately we missed out on mine train fast passes as we booked so late, only two and a half weeks out. We do have ones for splash, jungle cruise and big thunder.

They are all before 1 so we will definitely be going for more as soon as they’ve been used.

I’m not too worried because I am going to try and get a DAS pass because queuing isn’t too easy for me with a bad leg. Even though we will have to wait for rides it should be a bit less stressful without the queues.

But next time when we aren’t so spontaneous we will definitely look at a better BOG time slot and better fast passes!
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I just asked this in a new thread! I was wondering about that. Do you know roughly how long it will take us to get to MK on the monorail and through security, etc? Just so I know how much time to leave.
Are you driving in? Unhelpfully I can’t think how long it normally takes, only that getting into MK always takes longer than I expect! I would say allow at least 30 min from parking to walk or get a tram, get the monorail then get through security and ticket scanning. If you were planning to rope drop 7 Dwarfs I would aim to be earlier too to get to the front of the crowds