Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 11, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WTP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scottishgirl View Post
Noo I don't like the sound of this

Say you fancy park hopping and you go to another park that wasn't on your plan and all the fast passes are gone because of people pre booking Plus we don't take our phone on holiday as I don't wanna pay the roaming charges
That's exactly what I thought...and what about those who fastpass everything but not use them. I can't see it working.

Also, I don't have internet on my phone. I don't need it. At home, I top up payg with £10 and it usually lasts me well over 3 months. I'd have to be of the dinosaur type
2009 - 3 weeks Disney All Stars Music *COULDN'T BE BETTER*
2010 - 2 weeks All Inclusive in Turkey *A NICE CHANGE and A NICE REST*
2011 - 2 weeks All Stars Music *TREMENDOUS TIME but not long enough*
2012 - 2 weeks All Inclusive Mexico *AWESOME*
2013 - 2 weeks POFQ July/Aug *BRILLIANT*
Now how did that happen? 2014 2 weeks July/Aug POFQ

2011 TRIPPIE INDEX

Edited at 08:47 PM.
WTP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lecras View Post
Found it - this is a patent originally filed in 2006. In summary what the patent proposed back then was to give Disney resort guests the option of booking Fastpasses for the same or the following day (max 24 hours out) using their in-room digital TV. Once a Fastpass was booked, you could send it to a cell phone where it would be displayed digitally. As a resort guest, it also mentions the option of using your KTTW card to retrieve your pre-booked Fastpasses at a normal Fastpass machine. It is suggested that you would be able to swap your FP for one at a different time or for a different ride altogether once you were in the park. Fastpass machines would still be available as normal for anyone who didn't use the digital facility, and a proportion of the FPs would always be withheld for in-park distribution.

There are mentions of a potential tiered system, where Disney resort guests would get a higher digital Fastpass priority than day guests. Same as Universal really, except there is no mention of day guests having to pay for Fastpasses at Disney. There are also mentions of possible tiering within Disney's own resorts, with Deluxe guests getting higher priority than Value or Moderate guests.

The patent is available at the link below if you're interested, bearing in mind that it's a few years old now, and that nothing in the patent is set in stone. patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...RS=20070203763

Charlotte
Lose this bit

There are also mentions of possible tiering within Disney's own resorts, with Deluxe guests getting higher priority than Value or Moderate guests

as i can never see the time when we stay deluxe

and you have a thumbs up from me
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Lose this bit

There are also mentions of possible tiering within Disney's own resorts, with Deluxe guests getting higher priority than Value or Moderate guests

as i can never see the time when we stay deluxe

and you have a thumbs up from me
Don't forget, this is from the original patent which is five years old now. It doesn't mean that's still being considered.

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 11, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
roodlesnouter
Very Serious Dibber

Seems odd to me that a lot of people are poohooing an idea of which they little or no information, detail or knowledge of. As the old adage goes "you can't knock until you have tried it" you guys haven't even given Disney chance to come up with the mechanics of the idea before kicking it into touch, never mind tried it.

Why are people so afraid of change, even more so when that change involves technology? If we didn't give things a chance we would never achieve anything. Just think if Walt was scared of change we wouldn't have even had a WDW in the first place, man wouldn't have gone to the moon and we would all be taking our holidays in Skeggy, Blackpool or Yarmouth.

Lets just wait and see and maybe, just maybe in the near future we will all be raving about a great new way to "do Disney".

Just my 2 cents worth, onwards and upwards, Infinity and beyond.
Hotels Uni CBBR x3, RPR x2, HRH
DVC Since 2011
roodlesnouter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 11, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
I'm one of the 'knockers' and have accepted in a previous post that we're dealing with very little information - and recognise that without information, people just fill the gap anyway. The nearest analogy to pre-booking FastPasses is being able to pre-book ADRs, which you can do online now. This has caused problems for Disney - people book and don't turn up. I don't see that changing with FastPass.

Disney is amazing with their innovation - they excel at it. I'm more concerned they're dealing with the dumb public who don't know, or care, how to plan in advance

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 11, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
I'm one of the 'knockers' and have accepted in a previous post that we're dealing with very little information - and recognise that without information, people just fill the gap anyway. The nearest analogy to pre-booking FastPasses is being able to pre-book ADRs, which you can do online now. This has caused problems for Disney - people book and don't turn up. I don't see that changing with FastPass.

Disney is amazing with their innovation - they excel at it. I'm more concerned they're dealing with the dumb public who don't know, or care, how to plan in advance

Another one of them knockers here !

ADR analogy is a very good one - I am more concerned that they
(Disney) think they are dealing with a dumb public who do not know or care , how to plan in advance

We do as is seen by the Dibb and other US based sites. The problem will be if Disney end up giving all the freedom of FastPass to those who pay the highest price for their on site hotel room and leave those who stay in moderate resorts, off site OR live in the Orlando area to stand in line for their pleasurable day in the park as they can't afford a night at the Grand Floridian. Multi Tier system - no thanks

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 11, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

we had a conversation about this very thing while we were there a couple of weeks back, although a great idea in principle, what happens when all the fast passes have gone? It was hard enough to get passes while we were there as it was around presidents day, it would have been a complete waste of time visiting the parks if people could pre book them before leaving home! Perhaps this is just the intro to having to buy them like you do in universal?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 11, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List