Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 11, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CaramaC
Proud to wear my Ears

“Avatar” experience to be built at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob Iger and Tom Staggs just announced a long-term creative partnership with James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring the fantasy world of AVATAR to life at Disney Parks. And it’ll all begin at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

James and his producing partner Jon Landau and their team at Lightstorm Entertainment will serve as creative consultants on the project and will work side-by-side with our Walt Disney Imagineers as we dream up experiences that will take our guests deep into worlds of AVATAR like never before. There are also two sequels to the record setting first film in the works, which will offer more fascinating stories, characters and locations to explore in the AVATAR universe. Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort is planned as the site of the first AVATAR-themed land with construction expected to begin by 2013.

We believe Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a great fit for this project because it was created to give guests the opportunity to experience the worlds of animals and nature – real and mythical – in new ways. Disney’s Animal Kingdom also celebrates adventure, living in harmony with nature and environmental stewardship – themes that are deeply rooted in the story of AVATAR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avatarwdw.jpg
Views:	29926
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	35822  

Edited at 03:44 PM.
CaramaC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
There were LOADS of people in suits with clip boards speaking to men in construction gear when we were visiting in July. It was obvious something was going on... now fingers crossed they pulling down Dinoland and replacing it with Avatar's Pandora (or whatever it is called) !
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Carrotstickz
Imagineer

I'd actually hate for Dinoland to go now I know the story of the area. I hope it doesn't go.
Carrotstickz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Carrotstickz View Post
I'd actually hate for Dinoland to go now I know the story of the area. I hope it doesn't go.
I agree. I like quite like Dinoland and the back story that goes with it.
Old 20 Sep 11, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Avatarland coming to Animal Kingdom!

Personally, i think this will totally destroy Animal Kingdom.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
greggo6
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ugh I hate that film and it is going to ruin DAK IMO. I just hope the section of the park that was set aside for Beastly Kingdom is used and they dont take away Dinoland (even if it is tacky it has a great backstory and place for kids)
Old 20 Sep 11, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
I didnt see this, and posted in the Chat and News Forum. I think it is a stupid decision (another one to add to Disney's list of recent stupid decisions!) and it will totally ruin Animal Kingdom. I hope they dont rip out the Dinosaur attraction, as it is one of my favourites at Animal Kingdom. I am just disgusted with Disney right now! With this, and the fact Marvel merchandise is appearing all over WDW, its beginning to feel like WDW isnt Disney at all! I dont think Walt would have approved

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I actually think this could fit really well alongside AK's themeing and with film sequels in the pipeline there is plenty of mileage in it. I hope it's an add on rather than replacing any existing areas but I think it will be great to have some new attractions in a park that is quite light on rides.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

WHAT, DID YOU SAY DINOLAND IS GOING I BETTER GO THERE FOR THE LAST TIME THEN. I LIKED IT THERE.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 11, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Brill! I love Avatar, can't wait for the next film!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List