Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 13, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cashell
Getting to know the DIBB

Expedia have cancelled our tickets!

We received this email about 1 hr ago:

Dear Valued Guest,

We have been informed by our partner Walt Disney World that your Florida Ultimate Ticket: 14 Day has unfortunately been canceled. Due to unforeseen changes, the ticket is no longer redeemable. You may purchase the corrected ticket at expedia.co.uk. We apologize for the inconvenience and have processed a cancelation and a refund. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to reflect on your credit card account.

Should you have any additional questions, you may call us directly at (0330) 123 1235

Thank you,

Expedia Local Expert Supplier Support.

This came as a bit of a shock and so I rang them. After lengthy discussions, and myself pointing out that they still sell these tickets so why couldn't they just re-issue them, they made a generous offer. If I was to pay £1295 tonight (£95 more than we originally paid), then if it turned out that it was there fault they would refund the £95 extra it was costing! So they wanted the £1200 that they haven't refunded plus another £1295! I explained that I would contact trading standards and post the story on every forum at which point I was transferred to a supervisor. Unfortunately he was unable to hear me and that was where the call ended.

I know this sounds like some sort of scam but I assure you that it really is Expedia as I know the number is genuine as I have spoken to them previously about our flights booked with them.

Has anyone else had this email from them? Being cynical I think it may be to do with the way that Expedia buy tickets and the sudden change in the $ rate.

I'm not sure I can take another 30 minutes on the phone arguing with them so will have to cover the £1200 for the time being and get new tickets (we travel in 20 days).
cashell is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

What is this about? I wouldn't trust this for sure!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ChristieK0310
slightly serious Dibber

This is awful! I assume your tickets were cheaper than they want to charge you now?

Surely they can't do this?

I wouldn't have given them another penny! I'd have went to another company.
ChristieK0310 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cashell
Getting to know the DIBB

The reason we booked through Expedia was that we got the 12% cashback through Quidco which made them cheaper. It all tracked nicely as well so thought we had gone with the best option. I could try arguing with Expedia again but as we leave in 20 days I think we will just have to book elsewhere and hope that the refund comes through before we leave. I am still shocked that they can do this and don't believe for one minute that it is Disney that have cancelled them. As I said previously I think it is a $ rate issue and probably something to do with Expedia not paying for them until the time that they are booked for i.e 1st April - 20th April. I am interested to hear if anyone else gets the same email.
cashell is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I have had the same email tonight I will be on the case tomorrow
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gra
Getting Excited

I booked through Quidco on the 11 Feb, I await my email from them.
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cashell
Getting to know the DIBB

drteeth, can I ask when you booked, what dates you asked your tikets to be active and whether you booked through Quidco? It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern and whether the $ rate could be the reason.

Thanks
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

We've just had the same email, we'll probably just try and reorder or get them somewhere else x
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gra
Getting Excited

And here it is. what a joke. I wonder if they made a mistake with the price, our the dip in the poung against the dollar, and are now blaming Disney for it. I also booked my Universal tickets at the same time, so I will cancel them, as i'm not giving them a penny now. :angry:
Dear Valued Guest,

We have been informed by our partner Walt Disney World that your Florida Ultimate Ticket: 14 Day has unfortunately been canceled. Due unforeseen changes the ticket is no longer redeemable. You may purchase the corrected ticket at expedia.co.uk. We apologize for the inconvenience and have processed a cancelation and a refund. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to reflect on your credit card account.

Should you have any additional questions, you may call Expedia Customer care directly at (0330) 123 1235.

Thank you,
Lisa
Expedia Local Expert Supplier Support.

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Gra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 13, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
could one of you please explain what this is about?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread