Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 13, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks for that...

As we are there for 6 weeks it may be beneficial.

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 13, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Daughter arrived over the weekend and today we upgraded her 14 day Ultimate to an AP at Guest Relations within MK.

We were greeted in the line (all of the Guest Relations seem rammed all the time so they tend to have people walking the line to see if there are queries they can deal with there and then) by an older CM who confidently told us the story we'd heard before that we couldn't upgrade the UK Ultimate as it's sold at such a discount.

We then had an "oh no it isn't" and "oh yes it is" back and forth where he told me the same ticket in the US would cost over $700. I said "no it wouldn't" (I like a good argument!) - "a 10 day MYW with park hopper and water parks is $450, and once you get beyond just 4 days, the adder per day is only $10". At that point he gave up and left us in the line.

The good news is that when we got to the counter, the CM seemed to know exactly what to do and it came up at the right price. Once at the counter, we were all done in just a few minutes.

I wanted to wait and "have a word" with the original CM but DW dragged me away.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
but how much extra to upgrade 21 day ultimates to Annual Pass ?
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
I've seen this question asked a few times but have never seen an answer.

It probably won't be much less than an upgrade from a 14 day Ultimate as the 21 day doesn't cost much more. It's even possible it's the same cost to upgrade - it just depends on the value that shows up on Disney's system.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whiteswan, based on our experience with the 14 day, no more than $194, but if you are going to be making it into an AP why would you want to buy anything other than a 14 day ultimate?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
Hi mossy...

I've already purchased the ticket - this is an afterthought.

Dave
Old 25 Nov 13, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
I've got the 21 day and have been thinking of doing the same. If you don't hear first I'll check it out & post on here.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

I'd love to know the answer to this question too (as we've already sorted our 21day ultimates for 2014). Also do you have to upgrade on your first day, or can you upgrade at any time before expiry of the ultimate? Thanks.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whiteswan- no worries. I know of a few who paid $252 to upgrade 21 day but that was when the CM thought the conversion for the 14 day to AP (not PAP) was $285, so I wouldnt pay more than $194, but it could be as low as $161 by that reasoning. It is all down to whether they give you a better bridging price than a 10 day MYW plus hopping and waterparks etc.

Tigger 48, provided you have one day left on your ticket, you can upgrade. If youve used any of the waterparks, DQ etc it has to be to a PAP which is more than an AP.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
I'd love to know the answer to this question too (as we've already sorted our 21day ultimates for 2014). Also do you have to upgrade on your first day, or can you upgrade at any time before expiry of the ultimate? Thanks.
I'm not entirely certain but believe you can upgrade any time, however, things to factor in are you can get discounts and free parking with the AP but depending on which one you buy you could lose DQ and the water parks. Again I'm not certain but I will be asking before I start using it in case the value of the trade in goes down if it is used.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread