Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 14, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
Haha, thanks for the update...apologies for the extra work!
No probs
Old 24 Jul 14, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Maryj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I prefer to bring the car back full, if they charge for a full tank of petrol the inclination is to bring it back as empty as possible. We found for the last few days we were only putting a small amount of petrol in. It's easier to fill up as needed and do a final fill up on the way to the airport.
Maryj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Ok, updated a little

IF YOU COMPLETE SAVETIME, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PRINT OUT THE BARCODE AND THEN WHEN YOU GET TO MCO GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE THAT IS ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE CAR HIRE DESKS. DO NOT GO TO THE DESK. DO NOT GO TO A KIOSK. GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE. YOU CAN ALSO PICK UP YOUR CAR SEAT AT THE GARAGE. DO NOT GO TO THE DESK. YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT AT THE BARRIER AS YOU DRIVE OUT. REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO THE DESK
Yep totally agree with this - we did it last week - we nearly had an argument as I was saying it still says go to the desk and my husband said but the DIBB said go to the garage with your bar code and that was what we did - it really was that easy - picked a car - collected agreement at the barrier

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Melonz
Imagineer

Melonz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Is it the same at Tampa does anyone know?

Mel
Old 24 Jul 14, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
technium
Excited about Disney

We have paid for a full tank of fuel and bring back empty so are all the cars already fully fueled or will we have to wait while they fill it up?

We have the paper work that has the barcode so want to try this but we paid as part of a full package with TA and we each used our credit cards so not sure the credit card we used to pay as we dont know what one that will be, hopefully we wont have an issue...
technium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by technium View Post
We have paid for a full tank of fuel and bring back empty so are all the cars already fully fueled or will we have to wait while they fill it up?

We have the paper work that has the barcode so want to try this but we paid as part of a full package with TA and we each used our credit cards so not sure the credit card we used to pay as we dont know what one that will be, hopefully we wont have an issue...
All the cars are full. Those who pre pay can bring it back empty, those who dont just fill up on the way back.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Not sure if Savetime works at Sanford... sure someone will know for sure?

Why isn't it working?

The choice is yours... just tell the guy at the barrier what you would prefer.
I go in to put in my confirmation reference number & surname it doesn't like it and keeps changing the surmpname to all capitals every time I change it, it changes itself. There's a thread on here with someone else getting the same problems as me. I initially thought it needed my DH's middle name as that's on his licence & I didn't book it with his middle name, but it's not playing ball
Any help appreciated.. Thanks
Libby29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Has the thread starter hidden away? :-)
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Not sure if Savetime works at Sanford... sure someone will know for sure?
At Sanford it only works to speed things up at the desk a bit.

The point is that there is no garage (you've got me doing it now ) as such - just a separate reception building next to a large parking lot with all the cars arranged in rows according to their group. So you do still have to go to the desk as you enter but the queues are usually short (if at all) and move quickly so it's no problem. Your Savetime code means they can process the paperwork more quickly, so you may as well do it in advance.

When you've got your paperwork printed you go out to the assigned row and pick your car, then the gate person updates it with the car you've chosen as you drive out.

If you wish, one of the helper guys will take you out and show you the available cars and help you load your bags. This can be advantageous *cough* in finding a suitable car.
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Sorry, just to clarify as my post above didn't make it clear. We've used Savetime and Express and both have always worked the same for us at MCO. Simply walk out to the garage, grab your paperwork and go pick a car. Its that simple.
^^^^^^ this.

Last time we walked into the carpark, a guy looked at the savetime paperwork, pointed to a row and that was it. No need to go to the desk at all.

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread