Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Feb 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goodisoner
Apprentice Imagineer

Was going to book with Alamo Brits but...

have just booked with US Rentacar.

Alamo have been quoting me £279 for a full size, 12 days rental, collecting from Jacksonville and returning to Miami. Have paid £287 with US Rentacar for the gold package which includes and full tank. So a full tank for £8.

Only difference I can see is Alamo were calling a Ford Fusion a full size and US were calling the Ford Taurus the full size.

Joint profile for Mr and Mrs Goodisoner.
Staybridge Suites I-Drive 2011, Homewood Suites I-Drive 2013,
Old Key West August 2015,
West Coast, Vegas & Orlando 2017.
Goodisoner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Well done pays to check and don't be brand loyal/foolish can do all same savetimes as well if offered at Jacksonville.
Enjoy.
Old 20 Feb 15, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goodisoner View Post
have just booked with US Rentacar.

Alamo have been quoting me £279 for a full size, 12 days rental, collecting from Jacksonville and returning to Miami. Have paid £287 with US Rentacar for the gold package which includes and full tank. So a full tank for £8.

Only difference I can see is Alamo were calling a Ford Fusion a full size and US were calling the Ford Taurus the full size.
Alamo Brits give you a free additional driver should you need it.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Usrentacar works out more expensive for us and would have been through Dollar which is outside the airport at Miami.

Definietly always worth shopping around though.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goodisoner
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
Alamo Brits give you a free additional driver should you need it.
yeah you do with the gold package with US Rentacar too

Goodisoner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

It depends who Usrentacar are using. I prefer Alamo as they tend to have newer cars and a better tollpass system. I also use Save time and skip the rental desk.
Old 20 Feb 15, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Embraer
Excited about Disney

Anybody fancy trying the Travel Industry rates? Never once been asked for ID even though I work for an airline. The guys at the desk just want to process you through and try to sell you an upgrade, they've so many different rates they don't know which they are putting through the system - alamo.co.uk/ba
Offsite 5 times 76-05, POR 06, DVC since 07, SSR 07, BWV & DCL Wonder 4night 08, PR 3night & DCL Magic 7night W. Carib & SSR 3night 09, DLP NB 10, Treehouse 11, DLP NB 12, Treehouse & DCL Fantasy 7night E. Carib & BLT 13, BWV 15, SSR 16, Treehouse 19 & 22, Treehouse again 24

Edited at 03:11 PM.
Embraer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
daaaveee
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
Anybody fancy trying the Travel Industry rates? Never once been asked for ID even though I work for an airline. The guys at the desk just want to process you through and try to sell you an upgrade, they've so many different rates they don't know which they are putting through the system - Alamo.co.uk/ba
Not sure its really worth the risk for those that don't have the ID? I would imagine the cost of hiring from the desk and adding on the same insurances would end up being quite a bit more if denied with the BA rate.
daaaveee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Usrentacar a broker who just give prices from all so you choose Alamo National Budget et al
Sometimes cheaper sometimes dear that is why look around and don't be brand loyal/foolish.
Old 21 Feb 15, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Goodisoner
Apprentice Imagineer

Alamo Brits now £296 for the deal I wanted so I'm now £9 plus a full tank of fuel better off.

Closed Thread