Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 15, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
stevie4714
slightly serious Dibber

Hertz

Surely this can't be correct! Seen someone mention getting a good deal from Hertz.fr so thought I would look (even though I can't speak or read French lol).
So 3 weeks next September for an escalade or navigator £505!

The same from the UK site £1544!

I'm guessing I must be missing something so does anyone read French and can check it out?

Cheers

Stevie
Old 2 Aug 15, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Go to the top right hand corner of the website, and keep country as France, but change language to English.
There's no doubt that it's a great deal.
Old 2 Aug 15, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
HuddsBassBone
VIP Dibber

HuddsBassBone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by stevie4714 View Post
Surely this can't be correct! Seen someone mention getting a good deal from Hertz.fr so thought I would look (even though I can't speak or read French lol).
So 3 weeks next September for an escalade or navigator £505!

The same from the UK site £1544!

I'm guessing I must be missing something so does anyone read French and can check it out?

Cheers

Stevie
We've booked that deal - $550 for 15 days next July/August. Had the confirmation email, and printed it out, just in case!

The only thing is that you have to pay at the desk - there's no option to pre-pay, and I couldn't add on an additional driver or the personal insurance, so I'll have to factor that into the cost when we get there. However, it still makes it cheaper than either an SUV or full size car for the same time!
Old 2 Aug 15, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stevie4714
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HuddsBassBone View Post
We've booked that deal - $550 for 15 days next July/August. Had the confirmation email, and printed it out, just in case!

The only thing is that you have to pay at the desk - there's no option to pre-pay, and I couldn't add on an additional driver or the personal insurance, so I'll have to factor that into the cost when we get there. However, it still makes it cheaper than either an SUV or full size car for the same time!
Yeah I wish you could pre-pay as my worry is they will try the hard sell with you for absolutely everything.
I have used Hertz before are they any better/worse than any of the others?
Old 2 Aug 15, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Have just priced this up for our August trip next year

$514 dollars for Escalade for 16 days... amazing

But you know what they say

If its too good to be true... it usually is lol

That's whats putting me off, the hard sell from the staff at pick up lol
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stevie4714
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Missin_Disney View Post
Have just priced this up for our August trip next year

$514 dollars for Escalade for 16 days... amazing

But you know what they say

If its too good to be true... it usually is lol

That's whats putting me off, the hard sell from the staff at pick up lol
Same with me but the face I could hire 2 escalades/navigators for the same price as 2 standard SUV's I'm just sooooo tempted. I just don't get how they can be doing it so cheaply!
Old 2 Aug 15, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stevie4714 View Post
Same with me but the face I could hire 2 escalades/navigators for the same price as 2 standard SUV's I'm just sooooo tempted. I just don't get how they can be doing it so cheaply!
We only need it for 8 days as we are spending the first 5 days on site and doesn't seem to be the same rates if not collected from MCO
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

I have this deal for next June/July for 23 nights.

Join gold club before you book, then log in before making booking. You can then go straight to the garage without the hard sell. Your car will be waiting in a bay for you. We did this last year and only person you talk to is the lady who gets your signature when you leave & gives you the contract with what you owe.b we had no isse with hertz, hence booking again with gold (good deal helped as well).

My only niggle is if they try to charge the real price before we leave. Then what would happen? Woukd not want to have to book another car that day as it would be expensive.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Will certainly join Hertz Gold

Have priced up collecting a compact car from Lake Buena Vista then driving to MCO to collect the Escalade

Too much FAFF? or Worth it for an Escalade for 8 days? Decisions Decisions lol
Old 2 Aug 15, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Crispy
Gone all Goofy

Why not book another car with Alamo/Brits and pay on arrival then at least you know you have aback up plan if hertz won't honour your booking. If you don't have a problem with hertz then just forget about your Alamo booking or tell them you won't be collecting the car. Used pay on arrival last year and paid price that was quoted when I booked in January
Crispy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread