Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Im going to throw in my views and I really hope I am proved wrong!

There is no such thing as a free lunch and it may turn out that there is a mistake in the system that is giving these prices.
In that case Hertz can and will revoke the bookings and then the problems will start!

I have done a dummy booking and it looks brilliant and I wish all Dibbers the best of luck and hope they get their Escalades and have a great time
Not for me though sorry.
I could be wrong but I don't see Hertz reneging on bookings were it says the rate is guaranteed. I'm not at all hopeful that mine, where it says rate subject to change, will stick.

This deal has been on the Hertz website for months and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere so there must be loads of people who've used it - quite a lot of French people go to the US and they'd have no reason to doubt the deal.

There was a similar one in the past where if you put Japan as the country then you could get a Mercedes GL (7 seater SUV) for buttons. I know someone who did this and had no problem.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Im going to throw in my views and I really hope I am proved wrong!

There is no such thing as a free lunch and it may turn out that there is a mistake in the system that is giving these prices.
In that case Hertz can and will revoke the bookings and then the problems will start!

I have done a dummy booking and it looks brilliant and I wish all Dibbers the best of luck and hope they get their Escalades and have a great time
Not for me though sorry.
Listen folks, don't worry its going to be ok. Tom it's fine, no worries.

You'll find under distance selling rules we're covered. Hertz aren't going to be reneging on these bookings.
Folk have and are already enjoying this benefit as we type.
The rate quoted to all us "pay at location's" is only subject to change IF we add on any extras at MCO.

There are dozens of threads on this "deal" across a multitude of websites, also two airline frequent flyer websites have it listed as a "sticky" it's been available for years now.
You can even make a greater saving by adding in an additional discount codes to get the rate down even further.
I have access to one code but to be honest I canceled the booking as it said that I may need to provide proof of ID, my luck the person at the barrier would ask for it, I suppose I could always say I left it back home😀

Go on Tom treat yourself, it's ok I promise, dozens if not hundreds of folk worldwide are "playing" the system, yes, it works across most of the big firms, the trick it patience because it's a fluid thing, sometimes it's Hertz via Germany and it's a luxury Merc coupe, other times it's Avis in Poland on a Full size. The deals are there you just need to read a thread somewhere or trawl yourself switching from country to country and car class.

PS if anyone asks why my booking was done via Hertz, France then I'll be saying I was away on business in Toulouse at the time, I could have been!
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
biggee30
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
Listen folks, don't worry its going to be ok. Tom it's fine, no worries.

You'll find under distance selling rules we're covered. Hertz aren't going to be reneging on these bookings.
Folk have and are already enjoying this benefit as we type.
The rate quoted to all us "pay at location's" is only subject to change IF we add on any extras at MCO.

There are dozens of threads on this "deal" across a multitude of websites, also two airline frequent flyer websites have it listed as a "sticky" it's been available for years now.
You can even make a greater saving by adding in an additional discount codes to get the rate down even further.
I have access to one code but to be honest I canceled the booking as it said that I may need to provide proof of ID, my luck the person at the barrier would ask for it, I suppose I could always say I left it back home😀

Go on Tom treat yourself, it's ok I promise, dozens if not hundreds of folk worldwide are "playing" the system, yes, it works across most of the big firms, the trick it patience because it's a fluid thing, sometimes it's Hertz via Germany and it's a luxury Merc coupe, other times it's Avis in Poland on a Full size. The deals are there you just need to read a thread somewhere or trawl yourself switching from country to country and car class.

PS if anyone asks why my booking was done via Hertz, France then I'll be saying I was away on business in Toulouse at the time, I could have been!

A good post many haines to inspire confidence in us all again!

I'm interested in reading the other sticky's u mention on other websites could u link for me-pm if u prefer-ta
Old 5 Aug 15, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
This happened with Hertz a few years ago & we got a gorgeous Suv for 2 weeks for just over £200! It was a glitch in their system & loads of Dibbers used it. They did correct the glitch but honored the bookings already made. We had no problem at MCO on collecting our suv, so if your willing to take the risk then go for it, if they cancel all the bookings at this rate then you could just book something else with a cheaper hire co, nothing ventured nothing gained.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post

Hi Manny, can you expand on 'proof of ID' please. Was the discount code specifically relative to French ID for example? You can also use hertz.com, change country to France but retain English language... the website remains in the .com domain.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

The proof of ID means the code may be for employees of a company. There are 100's of codes out there one can use for car hire, hotels etc. BUT in some cases you will need to show PROOF you work for that company say for Lufthansa, Hilton etc.
People need to stop stressing over this. I would worry if the rate was $10 though lol.

Earlier in the year...I posted a code with Avis and the code brought down my rate quite a bit...people were scared to use it...I think partly because you had to pay when you got there and not in advance. At first... the code was shown just in German and worked in Norway etc but then it spread out to UK, Ireland etc but ya didn't save as much in the end.
We had NO problems when we picked up our car with Avis and they didn't say anything about the rate.
Everyone hear works hard for their money and if a great offer comes along to save us some money...take advantage of it..while ya can. You can use that savings on something else!
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've stuck with the intermediate SUV I've booked as it's a pre-paid rate and I don't need anything bigger. I'm saving £120 based on the UK rate so a great saving but obviously not as much as the Escalade and not so great that I'm worried it won't be honoured. I'm sure those who booked the Escalade will be fine though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I've used the AA discount code for years - never been asked for proof, I've also used the Amex platinum one, when all I have is a BA premium Amex- again no issue.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
knobbyknowles
Getting Excited

knobbyknowles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Might be worth checking bookings in hertz gold accounts. Mine has the costs corrected
Old 9 Aug 15, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by knobbyknowles View Post
Might be worth checking bookings in hertz gold accounts. Mine has the costs corrected
Is it a massive increase knobby, and against the Escalade price shown when using the country as France? Would you be able to cancel fee free?

I have taken a look and the $514 price I saw for a mock booking I did has now increased to $1618 with a pay now, or at the counter, option.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread