Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Aug 15, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Hertz Price Changes

I thought i would start a thread as we are talking over 2 different threads at the moment and i dont want anyone to miss anything

I currently have 2 bookings

1 with the french site, was booked at $732 but now showing $2305

and

1 with the italian site, booked at $771 and still showing $771

has anyone whos booking didnt say subject to change,changed?

has anyone actually had an email from hertz?

Kim
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
babyboo
Excited about Disney

my price also changed... had escalade booked for me and one for my dad october 2016

no email from hertz re price change so i sent a mail via fb with my ref number and asked could they explain to me how it had jumped so much in price, their reply:

Hello, I looked over your reservation and I see that the rate that was booked was not a guarantee rate. It says to check back on or after Oct 21, 2015 for the applicable rate. I would leave the reservation as is and don't make any changes. Give us a call after this date and we can go over the applicable rate. Call us at 1-800-654-3131. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.~Laura
babyboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dory17 View Post
I thought i would start a thread as we are talking over 2 different threads at the moment and i dont want anyone to miss anything

I currently have 2 bookings

1 with the french site, was booked at $732 but now showing $2305

and

1 with the italian site, booked at $771 and still showing $771

has anyone whos booking didnt say subject to change,changed?

has anyone actually had an email from hertz?

Kim
Good idea!

I booked at $471 for 2/10/15 - 16/10/15 at Miami. Joined Hertz gold before I made the booking.
Email and reservation do not say subject to change - my price has remained the same. I have logged in all loads of different devices - checked my reservation using my reservation number, and as logged in with Hertz Gold, and it is the same with them all.

I have been following a similar thread on a german forum - Florida Interaktiv, using google page translate. They had a whole thread dedicated to this Escalade rate with hertz. Some people used the rate and have been and got the cars at the rate they booked with no problem.
The past few days there have been a few who have also had their rate changed though with no notification from Hertz.
1996 - ASMusic 2000 - Econolodge Hawaiian 2002 - Offsite villa somewhere... 2003 - Cumbrian Lakes 2005 - Emerald Island & Nickelodeon Hotel 2007 - Formosa Gardens and RPR 2008 - Orange Tree 2010 - Tuscan Hills & RPR 2012 - SSR 2014 - SSR & HRH 2015 - OKW & HRH 2018 - OKW & RPR Club level 2022 - BEACH CLUB & RPR Club level
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by babyboo View Post
my price also changed... had escalade booked for me and one for my dad october 2016

no email from hertz re price change so i sent a mail via fb with my ref number and asked could they explain to me how it had jumped so much in price, their reply:

Hello, I looked over your reservation and I see that the rate that was booked was not a guarantee rate. It says to check back on or after Oct 21, 2015 for the applicable rate. I would leave the reservation as is and don't make any changes. Give us a call after this date and we can go over the applicable rate. Call us at 1-800-654-3131. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.~Laura
Does it say in your confirmation email that the rate is subject to change?
1996 - ASMusic 2000 - Econolodge Hawaiian 2002 - Offsite villa somewhere... 2003 - Cumbrian Lakes 2005 - Emerald Island & Nickelodeon Hotel 2007 - Formosa Gardens and RPR 2008 - Orange Tree 2010 - Tuscan Hills & RPR 2012 - SSR 2014 - SSR & HRH 2015 - OKW & HRH 2018 - OKW & RPR Club level 2022 - BEACH CLUB & RPR Club level
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
babyboo
Excited about Disney

yes it said it in small print while booking and on confirmation
babyboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by babyboo View Post
yes it said it in small print while booking and on confirmation
I've been through all my small print and can't see it anywhere on mine.
Can I be a pain and ask where exactly is says on the confirmation email?
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
babyboo
Excited about Disney

this is on all bookings, even bookings less than 12months out, as my mother has booked same deal for november this year
PAYMENT, PRICING & CHARGES
Most locations accept the majority of debit cards. If you have questions about the acceptability of your form of payment at the destination and for other relevant destination conditions and information, please refer to the 'DESTINATION SPECIFIC TERMS' below.
Although we try to ensure that all prices quoted on our websites are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. We will inform you as soon as possible if we discover an error in the price of your reservation and give you the opportunity to confirm your booking at the correct price or cancel. Our usual cancellation charges will not apply if you choose to cancel. If you cancel and you have already paid for your rental, you will receive a full refund. If we are unable to contact you we will treat your reservation as cancelled.
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Here is a screen shot of my new reservation on the italian site

Under the total, it says subject to change

I was told by hertz to wait till 24th August 2015 to contact them to talk about the rate too
Old 10 Aug 15, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Thats really bad quality sorry

im not sure if you can make it out, its just above the rate code
Old 10 Aug 15, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mine is a pre-paid mid-size SUV and it didn't occur to me to check the price until I read on here about the changes. I paid €576 and now it says €603 (it was €605 yesterday). It does say the rate is subject to change but you'd think if it's prepaid they'd contact you? If it's not confirmed until a year out I need to wait a month but my worry is that you have to pay €45 to cancel a prepaid rate so I just can't see how they can change the rate after I booked and paid?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread