Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Can't comment on ifrs but if you find no other use, they can be exchanged for Hilton stay at airport the night before. About 20,000 last time for us.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've just booked Sat outbound PE flights for 2a 2c May half term next year and full choice of seats, so booked 19 ac and 18ac.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As the OP for this thread can I just say a big thank you to you all for replying and providing loads of good tips and suggestions. Feel like I can start to form some sort of plan now ready for sept when Aug 2020 fights begin to release.

Cheers all. Happy holidays.
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Don't give up looking, I signed up to the reward finder site, after fantastic advice on here, there were no reward seats up at release date. I was advised to check on the reward site/ VA text first thing in the morning as they were usually loaded overnight. I obsessively checked the site and they came up in school holidays at 10.30am, I booked them straight away, then the reward site tracker email came in 10 mins later. The seats then dropped off the reward availability, but have since reappeared!
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

I called the flying club last month and bagged 2 flights, one companion reward flight and 1 with air miles, so we just paid £240 each in taxes for flights to Miami on the 4th August, so the flights are there, just have to be creative on the routes you take.
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I found myself texting the flying Club on Saturday morning as the flights had been released by a couple of days before and was really cheeky saying that I was looking for 7 seats flying from Manchester to Orlando 24th April 2020 at 9.55am I really thought they would say none available or maybe 4 seat, after 30 minutes got a text back they had them and did I want to book them took about 20 minutes to gave the details for the 7 of us even paid by text message they sent a link so I could make a secure payment. Really could not believed I would get 7 seats only had to pay the tax and fee. Was surprised really so carry on collecting the miles good luck OP.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Trackstar
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I got my upper class / economy, school holiday reward seats at 7 months prior to departure. These flights should have cost me around £12k (2ad, 2ch), but cost me £1.5k in taxes, so yes, definitely worth it!
Would you mind giving me some idea how many miles that cost? I have a few miles built up that I never paid much attention to, but this thread has started me thinking I could afford another "last trip ever to WDW"!
Trackstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
spm23
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
The posted in question said you HAVE to buy exactly 11 months in advance.

Whilst that may give you a great chance, you certainly don't absolutely HAVE to do that.

As I've already said - we've got 4 * PE flights into and out of MCO in the August Summer holidays, booking just a few weeks before, and there's still some availability for this Summer too.
Apologies, I used the wrong terminology, I meant to say that they are released then so you sometimes have a better chance at that time for summer holiday bookings
Old 21 Jun 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trackstar View Post
Would you mind giving me some idea how many miles that cost? I have a few miles built up that I never paid much attention to, but this thread has started me thinking I could afford another "last trip ever to WDW"!
It cost us 80k miles each. Most of those miles were accrued churning the Amex gold cards but sadly that’s stopped now, so I’m investigating other ways to earn. I’m back up to 260k of miles now having used 120k for a Barbados flight earlier in the year and hoping for reward seats again next year 🤞