Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Aug 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
If it’s any help, we’ve just finished a 5 night stay in a 1 bed at OKW. We’d requested Old Turtle Pond Road, and we’re allocated a room in Block 40. We thought it was a great location - a couple of minutes walk to Turtle Pond (which has a refillable station and small quick service), and a couple of minutes to the bus stop. We had a car, but didn’t use it whilst onsite. The buses were frequent, and not crowded. All buses stop at Hospitality House before leaving the resort - so you can get to the main pool etc. It was about a 10-15 minute Walk. Hope that helps.
That's great info thanks 😊
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
clwil02
Dibbing with Tink

We've just got back from a stay at OKW and loved the resort. We requested Old Turtle Pond but ended up in building 54, just off Old South Point Rd.

We were actually really pleased with the location in the end. It was really quiet and right opposite a quiet pool which our teenagers loved. The South Point bus stop was the second stop and just round the corner from the block, great when you're returning from a long day at the parks. The resort hotel part of the wdw app listed the time of the next bus which was pretty accurate and very handy.

Our only niggle was that it wasn't as close to a drinks station as we would have liked.

It is a beautiful resort
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I am hoping to get a 1 bed in old key west any one know if i have any chances I booked direct with wdw should I call at 330 days straight away
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It was actually 307 days out for us, not sure why but it wasnt released till then.
You will be able to book directly on the website no problem, I only rang as I had an existing booking for POFQ so I needed to amend it, and you cant do that online.
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I have booked akl at the moment i am really hoping to change to okw or ssr
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

OKW is a disney vacation club resort, we own there and we can't even book yet for Aug. Disney are given a certain amount of inventory to release for holiday bookings but only when the booking window opens at 11 months or later.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Hi in regards to availability in OKW. Does it get release more rooms later? I have a booking for July 2020 for 6 nites but would really like to stay longer but there wasn’t any more available when I book. The girl on the phone says I could add more nites If it becomes available but she can’t tell me whether is already fully booked or not already. Very stress right now
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
first-timer
Helping Donald

Mobile

Can you change your booking as many times as you want and do you get charged each time if price drops
first-timer is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List