Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Mar 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
shoegalsuz
New Poster (5)

Change to FP system in last 24hrs?

Does anyone know if the rumours about the Fast Pass system changing in the last 24 hours are true?
There’s claims on Twitter/Facebook, copied the below from @backsideofmagic
“FPS are now behaving like ADRs; seeing one available doesn’t mean a clear path to claiming it. It used to be that you were the only one seeing it, now not the case. A second availability test happens after clicking, and a popular FP will almost certainly no longer be available.”
Visitors at WDW now are reporting problems getting on the day FP but I’m hoping it is just a glitch and not the above?
shoegalsuz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Been reading a lot about this. As it just started happening yesterday it’s hard to know if it is deliberate or just Disney’s usual mess when the do any sort of it update.
The cynic in me though says if Disney want to start charging for fastpasses this might be a good way to encourage guests that is a good idea.
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lets hope I t’s just an IT update - the thought of paying for fastpasses makes me sad with the money making machine that is Disney - stop taking away the magic!

Edited at 09:10 AM.
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Hi all did my fast pass + for the first time ever yesterday so have nothing to compare with. But after reading some threads on here I had an idea what to expect. The first thing that was odd the 60 day window opened early I checked to have a little practice the night before and then at 8am Saturday morning (Which was my 60 day window ) and all my days were available. I don't know what actual time it opened but to be fair I had half an idea it may open early as there was a thread on here saying that recently this had been happening so I had been randomly checking. We are staying on site for 8 nights so booked fop getting 2 separate fp for my party no problem first on the 9th day and worked backwards. Got 2 for sdmt , got all that I wanted close to times I wanted except sdd which I will now rope drop. As of the actual process of booking my fast passes I clicked on book fast pass button selected who was ridding then the date then park then the ride and the time then finally confirmed the fast pass. Moving on to the next one and so forth. Sorry for going on as I've never done this before so don't know weather it differs from the normal way of doing it.

Edited at 09:36 AM.
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Pep. Glad you managed to get nearly everything you wanted at 60 days, I’d keep trying for slinky dog, it was surely available one of your days, even if it’s not the time you want take it and try to modify it later. Having seen the rope drop at Hs I’d rather avoid that by any means possible.
it’s always a daunting prospect especially that first time. I don’t think they have done anything to cause any problems with the 60 day bookings it’s the modifying or selecting new ones on the day they have been tinkering with now.
Old 31 Mar 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Fingers crossed it sounds like a glitch
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Pep. Glad you managed to get nearly everything you wanted at 60 days, I’d keep trying for slinky dog, it was surely available one of your days, even if it’s not the time you want take it and try to modify it later. Having seen the rope drop at Hs I’d rather avoid that by any means possible.
it’s always a daunting prospect especially that first time. I don’t think they have done anything to cause any problems with the 60 day bookings it’s the modifying or selecting new ones on the day they have been tinkering with now.
Yes your right it was available on our checkout day but won't have enough time to make it so I will keep checking the app from now on to see if it becomes available.otherwise will have to brave rope drope but I'm not the type to wait more than 45 mins so give it a miss if more than that.
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pep View Post
Hi all did my fast pass + for the first time ever yesterday so have nothing to compare with. But after reading some threads on here I had an idea what to expect. The first thing that was odd the 60 day window opened early I checked to have a little practice the night before and then at 8am Saturday morning (Which was my 60 day window ) and all my days were available. I don't know what actual time it opened but to be fair I had half an idea it may open early as there was a thread on here saying that recently this had been happening so I had been randomly checking. We are staying on site for 8 nights so booked fop getting 2 separate fp for my party no problem first on the 9th day and worked backwards. Got 2 for sdmt , got all that I wanted close to times I wanted except sdd which I will now rope drop. As of the actual process of booking my fast passes I clicked on book fast pass button selected who was ridding then the date then park then the ride and the time then finally confirmed the fast pass. Moving on to the next one and so forth. Sorry for going on as I've never done this before so don't know weather it differs from the normal way of doing it.
According to the fastpass availability calendar SDD should be available for your dates. Unless I’m misunderstanding the calendar, which is quite possible 😂
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

I remember finding this 4 years ago when I first went to Florida and we all know that ADRs work in the same way if you don't hit confirm before the place goes then you get an error, I suspect this change is to prevent people putting a Fastpass in their basket and holding it their while they look at other on another device.

As for charging for fast passes, I very much doubt Disney will charge for them as the data they get from people booking they is far too valuable, right now Disney can predict crowd levels and in turn plan staffing levels, ride capacity loads and so on the savings would be far more than they could charge, that said they could start selling extra FPs
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
I remember finding this 4 years ago when I first went to Florida and we all know that ADRs work in the same way if you don't hit confirm before the place goes then you get an error, I suspect this change is to prevent people putting a Fastpass in their basket and holding it their while they look at other on another device.

As for charging for fast passes, I very much doubt Disney will charge for them as the data they get from people booking they is far too valuable, right now Disney can predict crowd levels and in turn plan staffing levels, ride capacity loads and so on the savings would be far more than they could charge, that said they could start selling extra FPs
From what I read it would time out in less than 5 minutes.

Typical, just as I get the hang of modifying and managing to get good fastpasses in the day in addition to my 3 prebooked. I’m still hoping it’s a glitch.