General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 12 Feb 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile August 7 days in New York- The 3 of us Day 2

My teens are not early risers so after lots of nagging we where out of the hotel for 9am.
We had booked TOTR for 11 am so needed breakfast. The teens saw a Maccy D's and wanted breakfast there. $25 for 3 breakfast meals. So seriously nothing special there. I promised them they could pick food so you can see how it's going to be 🌭🍕🍔🍟

Got to the Rockerfella and set off up, really quick and easy.

I am really bad with heights normally but loved the views and felt fine.

Came down and went into Ben and Jerrys for ice cream $24 before walking up to the Metropolitan museum of Art. Took it slowly as much further than it looked on Google maps.

Sat by the fountain to cool down

Had a good few hours in here, this was included in the city pass.

Wandered back down to Times Square through Central Park. Sat for a while watching people with remote control boats

Down into Times Square the teens headed into American Apparel, Sephora, Urban Outfitters etc. I did some tacky souvenir shops.

Ate at Chick a Fillet. Oooh I hear you all say, great quality cuisine 😁😁

Back at hotel for 9.30 ish we where totally exhausted from all the walking and the heat.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We loved TOTR - such great views!

The walking can be deceptive until the end of the day and you realise that your feet are done!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Sons step counter had us doing anywhere from 10 to 16 miles a day 😲
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh your report is bringing back memories of our trip now. We loved the view from TOTR too, we went at sunset so our photos are quite different to yours. Our hotel was by Central Park and I loved going in there and just sitting on a bench and people watching.

I love Molly’s hair colour , Georgia had hers pink for our NY trip. Is Molly still purple? Georgia is considering going pink for our summer holiday again this year
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Oh your report is bringing back memories of our trip now. We loved the view from TOTR too, we went at sunset so our photos are quite different to yours. Our hotel was by Central Park and I loved going in there and just sitting on a bench and people watching.

I love Molly’s hair colour , Georgia had hers pink for our NY trip. Is Molly still purple? Georgia is considering going pink for our summer holiday again this year
Molly shaved her hair last year for Macmillan, she was growing it out nicely and then shaved it off again. It is bleached blonde at the moment and she is trying to grow it again !

Loved central park, so peaceful, need to go again to explore it more.
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
glad to see that there was sun not rain
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List