Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fantastic scenery and shopping experiences but in reality everyone will just head for the one ride just like Pandora Land and Flights of Passage.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the whole thing looks absolutely incredible! I’m not even a big Star Wars fan but I can’t wait 😊
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I don’t think watching videos of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge does the area justice.
I’m not a big Star Wars fan but when you actually walk into this new land you cant help but be amazed by the attention to detail and at first it is almost sensory overload, something that a video, will struggle to convey.

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Its amazing how much Disney can hype a bunch of themed shops and restaurants - oh, and one simulator ride. I mean, sure, it looks great but it’s not like there are many attractions actually there.

Also, it’s funny how we complain about queuing for a ride but then I’ll eagerly watch a couple of YouTube videos showing someone walking through a new ride queue.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
None of the rides are like flight of passage

Smugglers Run: you fly the millennium falcon, its an interactive simulator ride best described ride system wise loosely as a cross between Star tours and Mission space (without the spinning) but a lot more technically advanced than those two rides.

Rise of the Resistance: its a huge scale dark ride (the biggest Disney have ever built), the main ride portion will be on board trackless ride vehicles, will include lots of special effects inc animatronics, will be across two floors the ending is rumoured to feature a mini freefall drop as you escape.
Well I’ve just watch a live feed of what I presume is the smugglers run ride. It looks very much like star tours with a much bigger screen (looking through the windows of the millennium falcon). I wasn’t far off.
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
Well I’ve just watch a live feed of what I presume is the smugglers run ride. It looks very much like star tours with a much bigger screen (looking through the windows of the millennium falcon). I wasn’t far off.
You have to factor in that what you do in Smugglers Run actually affects the outcome.. you can even crash the Falcon and when you cone off the ride everyone will know as apparently arms etc go off telling everyone else how bad you did...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
A cross between mission space and star tours but without the spinning is what many reviews have said.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Should you not wait until you experience it first hand? These things are always ten times better in person, video can't really fully translate the actual experience.

Two rides for a new land isn't exactly unprecedented. Diagon Alley opened with one (the Hogwarts Express isn't inside the land), Hogsmeade opened with one new ride. Plus the 2 rides in Galaxy's Edge are both going to be top level attractions compared to other lands like Pandora where there's one E ticket and a lesser supporting ride.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Should you not wait until you experience it first hand?
How terribly old-fashioned!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I am not a Star Wars fan, I have only ever seen one of the films, but I think it looks great! The thing that I appreciate most about Disney is the absolute attention to detail with their theme-ing. I am not a fan of Avatar either but Pandora is absolutely incredible, and while I didn't enjoy Navi that much, Flight of Passage was incredible.

I can't wait to see Star Wars land in California this September and Florida next May to see the detail and be fully immersed. I also can't wait to try the rides, as mentioned, they are supposed to be incredibly advanced and I imagine they are going to be even better than FOP
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List