Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChasetown
I want to go now!

Visa Meeting in London

Hi All
one of our party as got a meeting in London shortly

All documents have been filled in including DS-160 all the relevant documentation is too hand

The question I need to ask is - What is the process at the meeting for anyone who as done this, what questions do they ask, can you take anyone in, do they give you an answer there and then

Many thanks
DisneyChasetown is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Have never done it but this may help, watch the video it may answer some of your questions

uk.usembassy.gov/visas/touri...the-interview/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

My daughter has been through this process twice, they have to go in alone, they sit on chairs until their name or number is called and go up to a counter. Her questions were about her working visit really. I suppose questions will vary but they're not hard questions.
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Husband had one a few years back, you can't take anyone in with you, no mobile phones, don't think he could even take his watch in. You all queue up outside the embassy then let in a think a few at a time to go through airport type security, then he said it was a waiting room and you got called to a window asked questions why you was there, what offence, why you was going to USA. He took paperwork from the holiday to prove when we was travelling, bank statement and proof he had a job in the UK on return. He then got a 10 year one issued that day so left his passport and we received it a few days later. He had to pay postage there to get the passport returned. This is going back 8 years so may have changed since, but hope it helps a little.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We ve done it a few times. Just be honest and respectful. The officers while stern are kind
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I've done this. The officer I saw was lovely - kind and humorous whilst keeping his air of being 'official'. I was able to take my mobile phone and kindle in to while away the wait time, but nothing larger than that (no iPad, laptop etc) - but check out the rules on the correspondence you've been sent as they do change. You have to queue for security airport style and then just sit and wait your turn. My husband waited in a nearby coffee shop with my laptop bag as there is nowhere to store anything (no lockers etc). Both times I've been I didn't wait very long. Once was a standard visa interview and the other was for Global Entry. The visa interview was at a window, global entry was in a separate room. I travel a lot for work so I have stamps in my passport from travel to Iraq & Syria (all dated after 2011 which was the cutoff when the rules changed) & the officer asked a few questions about why I had been in those places, and a few questions about my next trip to the USA & . My passport was returned to a secure collection point near Holborn a few days later with a 10 year visa stamped in.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

When I went in 2015, I didnt take my phone or anything, which was highly annoying as people had their phones in there.

You get given a number on entry. Then just sit in a waiting room. After a while, they call your number, you give in your documentation, and then they give you another number, then again you sit and wait. After they call you for the second time, you go to a window and they sort it out.

I've been twice and both times the wait was over 2 hours.

Hope that helps
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ppdon
Getting Excited

I had to go to the London embassy back in December. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, you are allowed to take your phone inside, waited about 3 hours till my number was called and interview was about 10mins and was told I would be recommended for a visa waiver subject to homeland security approval.

Edited at 10:14 AM.
ppdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChasetown
I want to go now!

Thank you all this has been really helpful
DisneyChasetown is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List