Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Jamie's Italian/Fifteen going into administration

I don't think this will come as a surprise to many on the Dibb - Jamie Oliver has been over-reaching his "empire" for quite a while and it looks as though it has come home to roost.

I feel sorry for the 1300 jobs that could be at risk while Jamie happily moves into his brand new mansion.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We ate at one once, quality good, portions tiny ( 3 very small scallops for a main course). Terrible value. We didn’t go back!
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I don't think this will come as a surprise to many on the Dibb - Jamie Oliver has been over-reaching his "empire" for quite a while and it looks as though it has come home to roost.

I feel sorry for the 1300 jobs that could be at risk while Jamie happily moves into his brand new mansion.
If Jamie Oliver wasn't a risk-taker - and all entrepreneurs have to be - those 1,300 people wouldn't have had a job to potentially lose in the first place.

I get that JO's tone and mannerisms wind people up, but he's always struck me as a decent sort who tries to do the right thing. I can't wish him ill if he's done well for himself from those endeavours.

The couple of times I've eaten at a JI, I thought the food was decent enough, certainly a step above the other Italian chains that proliferate.

It's a testing time for the High Street on many levels, and a number of these restaurant chains have been, and continue to be, in peril.

Hopefully a positive outcome can be found for all involved.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

over priced over hyped food its the customers that make or break a business he was taking people for mugs and be-leaving his own hype
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Sad for the staff, but I only once ate at one of restaurants and suffice to say I never returned (wasn't terrible, but not great either).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Wasn’t impressed by the quality of the food at the Gatwick one but then again what airport food is good and gives value for money.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Wasn’t impressed by the quality of the food at the Gatwick one but then again what airport food is good and gives value for money.
I agree with you there, in fact I prefer to bring a chicken salad to the hotel, but my wife isn't having any of it (how can anyone say the giraffe restaurant food is nice).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Sad for the employees but as usual the Owner will suffer little financial loss.

Never eaten in a place like this and never will as I won't pay their prices.

Is it me but why do people pay huge money to have a meal that for example consists of a scallop, two pieces of grass, an acorn and a dead dandelion and quite happily pay £75 and declare it delicious

Probably find the Chef who produced it is laughing all the way to the bank and goes home and has a steak pie with chips.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

It's been on life support for ages. We keep seeing these business struggle on with little prospect of turnaround, there's quite a few others that will go yet who are on the list.
Old 21 May 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I had eggs Benedict at a Gatwick Restaurant and it was lovely, never had if before. My kids have eaten at Jamie’s Restaurant in Westfield because my sons friend worked there, they had Burgers and enjoyed them. Very overpriced but so it Byron, Five Guys and Shake Shack.