Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 May 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Would you definitely be doing all those character meals if you were to stay at the SL though? As it's only really going to be £300 more if you'd already been planning to eat in those premium restaurants.

I stayed in DLH once in 2013 and whilst I loved it and it was definitely something I'd always wanted to do, I just don't think I could ever justify that extra cost again.

It was nice being so close to the parks and being able to pop back but I actually missed the lake and village as we just didn't find ourselves using them as much.

Personally, and I appreciate this is going against the grain here, but I'd rather pocket the extra £800. Use some of this to do one or two character meals and then use the rest as your spending money for the trip.

The SQL is a beautiful hotel and only a short walk away from the parks.

My opinion on the DLH might change after its refurb but at the moment I just don't think it's worth the extortionate price tag, you really are paying for the location alone.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks all for your comments.

We stayed in SQL around 2 years ago and although we did like it i have to say we did not like the breakfast experience in the hotel. It was abit chaotic. Getting up, dressed, out the room, have breakfast and in the park in the mornings was a little stressful to make the most of EMH. So i think this is my main draw to DLH to be honest.

Also with two little kids and planning to go the week before Christmas i'm expecting it to be FREEEZING and it might be nice to be able to pop back to the room for a cuppa and to warm up or even a quick hot shower.

I don't think you can compare any hotels in Paris to WDW...it's a completely different holiday.
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List