Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Mar 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney recommendations for vegetarian lunch/dinner?

I have a super long list of snacks to try, so I'm most definitely sorted there, but does anyone have any recommendations for places to eat for lunch or dinner anywhere on site in Disney? (We won't be dining elsewhere off property as we're going to be travelling through a few states where I can eat at all my favourite chain restaurants until my heart is content )

I've already got a list of things to try from following Vegan Disney (even though I'm veggie, not vegan), and I've been writing down things from watching DFB. This is my third trip at Disney so I'm not concerned that I'll be starving, but I would like some nice suggestions if anyone has any

Also, very open to anyone pointing me to their food blogs where they are/have went with a veggie and I can see some photos
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvDisneyx
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I researched a bit like you've done before I went. I was just on the QSDP.
Fav meal was salad and tofu bowl from Satu'li canteen AK. I have a photo... if I can work out how to paste it! A small kick from the chilli but not over powering.
Next best was the vegan hot dog from Casey's corner MK. The topping made it!
Veggie tikka Masala Yak and Yeti Cafe AK. This has definitely got a kick to it, so best only if you like it spicy. Excellent flavours though.
Fried green tomatoes sandwich. Rosie's All American Cafe HS. Really tasty alternative to a veggie burger but maybe it was the tasty Very Berry Slushie - nicest cocktail I had on the dining plan 👍
Loaded chilli cheese nachos. Dockside diner HS. The description doesn't say what the 'chilli' is...but I'd seen it in a video and its veggie! Loads of it just don't do what I did and try to eat it watching the star wars show. Way too messy - sit at the benches and enjoy.
The quiche at BOG MK is okay but comes with enough green salad to feed all the rabbits in Watership down!
I would miss the veggie rice bowl in Peco Bill's MK - totally bland and tasteless.
I'd listed but didn't get to try... Vegetable platter Tangierine cafe Epcot, 3 cheese sandwich woody's lunch box HS, lighthouse sandwich Columbia house MK, Roasted Veg bowl Harambe market AK or the Teriyaki Veggie Bowl ABC commissary (dinner time only). Theres always next time I guess...
LuvDisneyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I’m vegetarian and have no problems eating at Disney.
Favourite table service meals are Boma, Sana’a, Trails end, jungle navigation, Teppen Edo
Quick service sutill canteen. Sunshine seasons, Tangierine Café, blaze pizzas, yak and yeti cafe, harambe market
The list is endless. Never had to resort to a veggie burger yet.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LuvDisneyx View Post
I researched a bit like you've done before I went. I was just on the QSDP.
Fav meal was salad and tofu bowl from Satu'li canteen AK. I have a photo... if I can work out how to paste it! A small kick from the chilli but not over powering.
Next best was the vegan hot dog from Casey's corner MK. The topping made it!
Veggie tikka Masala Yak and Yeti Cafe AK. This has definitely got a kick to it, so best only if you like it spicy. Excellent flavours though.
Fried green tomatoes sandwich. Rosie's All American Cafe HS. Really tasty alternative to a veggie burger but maybe it was the tasty Very Berry Slushie - nicest cocktail I had on the dining plan 👍
Loaded chilli cheese nachos. Dockside diner HS. The description doesn't say what the 'chilli' is...but I'd seen it in a video and its veggie! Loads of it just don't do what I did and try to eat it watching the star wars show. Way too messy - sit at the benches and enjoy.
The quiche at BOG MK is okay but comes with enough green salad to feed all the rabbits in Watership down!
I would miss the veggie rice bowl in Peco Bill's MK - totally bland and tasteless.
I'd listed but didn't get to try... Vegetable platter Tangierine cafe Epcot, 3 cheese sandwich woody's lunch box HS, lighthouse sandwich Columbia house MK, Roasted Veg bowl Harambe market AK or the Teriyaki Veggie Bowl ABC commissary (dinner time only). Theres always next time I guess...
Yummmm! Thank you, thank you.

I am so excited to try that vegan hot dog after spotting a photo of it.

I had wanted to try the fried green tomatoes sandwich last year, but I wasn't able to find it and then wasn't overly hungry anyway so didn't pursue it.

Haha, I'm always such a messy eater anyway so I will make note of that!

Thank you for the tip on Peco Bills, I did have that on my list as so many people recommend the toppings bar, so I assumed it would be a good idea.

I have the grilled cheese and Totchos on my list to try at Woodys lunch box. We missed the opening last year by a week or two, so I've been really looking forward to going there. I'll take a look at all the other ideas!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
I’m vegetarian and have no problems eating at Disney.
Favourite table service meals are Boma, Sana’a, Trails end, jungle navigation, Teppen Edo
Quick service sutill canteen. Sunshine seasons, Tangierine Café, blaze pizzas, yak and yeti cafe, harambe market
The list is endless. Never had to resort to a veggie burger yet.
Thank you! I don't forsee there being a problem as I've been fine the other two times that I went, but I like to make sure I'm not missing anything tasty

I think I have looked at the menus for most of your suggestions already and added to my list, but I'm going to have a look at the ones that I haven't seen yet
Old 25 Mar 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Veggie and last year's highlights were
Tusker house lunch - really varied food with more veggie options than the standard
Spice road table in Morocco pavillion, yummy if you like that type of food
Satuli canteen veggie bowl
Skipper canteen - ate here twice, so good

As you can see we like spicy food so tend to choose those type of places. Have also had great food at Sanaa, homecomin' , and my fave QS is Colombia harbour house!
Old 29 Mar 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Hi, I am also Vegetarian loved Tusker house, Planet Hollywood, Mama Melrose and lots more. really is a lot of choice. for a snack in Animal Kingdom go to Mr Kamals it is lovely!
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emma-p View Post
Hi, I am also Vegetarian loved Tusker house, Planet Hollywood, Mama Melrose and lots more. really is a lot of choice. for a snack in Animal Kingdom go to Mr Kamals it is lovely!
Thank you! Will look at the menus I have mr Kamals on my list for snacks. Some look so good