Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Mar 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Yet another thread covering exactly what I was looking for!

For info I have just done quotes with DFCH and Alamo brits. Alamo are £1 or £2 cheaper and I think do include an extra driver which is handy although Mrs Mickie has never driven in Florida and am not sure which of us is more terrified at the prospect!

Does anyone ever get asked to produce the Brit guide? And if so doe my nearly 10 year old copy count?
We've hired a car on all of our 30+ visits.

Miles driven by me - around 49,999
Miles driven by Joan - around 1. A lap around Regal Palms over 10 years ago.

That's not a complaint by the way as I love it.

Seriously if you're worried about driving over there have you read the DIBB guide? Recently updated by Mr Morrow with a small input from me.

I know less than zero about Uber, Lyft, Lynx buses etc. but have driven around Florida a bit

I also less than that about WDW hotels

Mick
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Seriously if you're worried about driving over there have you read the DIBB guide? Recently updated by Mr Morrow with a small input from me.

Mick
Thanks i’ll have a look but I meant not sure which of us is more terrified at the prospect of her driving in the States! 😀

We’ve done a few road trips so have probably clocked up over 10,000 miles and she is yet to drive mile 1 so not sure how useful a second driver actually is for us! Still you never know.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thanks i’ll have a look but I meant not sure which of us is more terrified at the prospect of her driving in the States! 😀

We’ve done a few road trips so have probably clocked up over 10,000 miles and she is yet to drive mile 1 so not sure how useful a second driver actually is for us! Still you never know.
Sorry misunderstood your post and hope I didn't sound patronising Thought you meant both of you were worried.

Joan has no desperate yearning to drive over there even though she does at home regularly but I'm quite happy doing it. I never drink with meals out anyway and happy to wait till we get back to the villa.

Mick
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney2107
New Poster (4)

Satnav Hire

Hi
Andy's satnav is booked when we need it has anyone used his third party supplier - John?
Thanks
disney2107 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry misunderstood your post and hope I didn't sound patronising Thought you meant both of you were worried.

Mick
Not at all and first time I was due to drive I was really nervous. Still have the odd hairy moments!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by disney2107 View Post
Hi
Andy's satnav is booked when we need it has anyone used his third party supplier - John?
Thanks
I just use Google maps on my phone these days. You can download the area if you don’t have data over there. More up to date than my old Sat Nav
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I just use Google maps on my phone these days. You can download the area if you don’t have data over there. More up to date than my old Sat Nav
I don't use satnav either unless we're going off the beaten track onto the country roads.

Joan has "Here we go" on her iPhone and it's proved faultless. Download the maps in the UK and it doesn't use data over there either. I think there are other free similar apps as well such as Navmii.

Mick
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by disney2107 View Post
Hi
Thanks
I taught him everything he knows :-) Hasn't let me down yet.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rudeboy
Trading Disney Pins

rudeboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Excellent service from Andy who amended my booking to the new cheaper price after one quick email. Saved £27.
rudeboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Once again Andy has been a great help to my brother (bro had a bad stroke and Andy is very patient and understanding with him). Thank you sincerely Andy