Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
What happened to just doing something out of the goodness of your heart? Why expect anything?
Thanks for your post.

(Just saving someone else the bother)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My dd was given $100 at Narcoossee’s by a lady wanting to jump the queue in the toilets. Now that’s what I call compensation. 😉

I’m confused why you are getting so much grief OP? There’s nothing wrong with expecting some appreciation when you have done something nice for someone, even if it’s just a decent thankyou that’s not tinged with indifference is the least you should expect.

Once my dog ran away and a lady rang me cos she found him near the main road. I gave her a £20 M&S voucher to say thanks because I was so pleased she rescued my dog!

I would have been so chuffed if you had done that for me as I’d have been gutted to have lost my phone with all my pictures on it, you would have got a big thank-you. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
My dd was given $100 at Narcoossee’s by a lady wanting to jump the queue in the toilets. Now that’s what I call compensation. 😉

I’m confused why you are getting so much grief OP? There’s nothing wrong with expecting some appreciation when you have done something nice for someone, even if it’s just a decent thankyou that’s not tinged with indifference is the least you should expect.

Once my dog ran away and a lady rang me cos she found him near the main road. I gave her a £20 M&S voucher to say thanks because I was so pleased she rescued my dog!

I would have been so chuffed if you had done that for me as I’d have been gutted to have lost my phone with all my pictures on it, you would have got a big thank-you. 😃

Kat
Your post made me laugh. That lady Narcoosees must have been proper bursting !

I don’t understand the stick either. The OP went to a lot of trouble to find the person who had lost these items. I don’t think she expected a reward but they couldn’t even give a genuine thank you. If you treat people how you yourself would like to be treated you can’t go wrong in life. Hope it hasn’t really put the OP off in future.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
So you may penalise someone who has lost all their money and cards because you didn’t get a “reward “for you last good deed?
That has no effect on the person who didn’t fully thank you but may have a great effect on the next person who has done nothing wrong at all.
Do you think that’s fair? Your choice of course.
This is my feeling too - I totally get being miffed at no proper thank you for taking the time and effort in tracking down the owner.

But I struggle to see why that would stop someone doing the right thing again next time?

The next person who loses something that you find, at this point hasn’t been rude/ungrateful, not sure why they deserve to be ‘punished’ if they haven’t done anything wrong?

You did a good deed, I’m sure after the annoyance has settled down, that you can do the right thing again 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Mobile

A thank you would be sufficient for me, and whilst I’d send/give a gift card all the thanks I’d want was to see the items returned to their owner... each to their own but I wouldn’t leave lost/forgotten personal items for a thief to keep.
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I understand what you mean, and I think we are comparing it to how we would feel if the shoe were on the other foot.
If you found all those of mine I would have been so grateful, you would have known how grateful I was.

I know you didn’t expect a gift etc like some are insinuating , I know the bunch of flowers was just a tounge in cheek comment , all you epwanted was to be appreciated, I get that but sadly not all people think like you or would go to as much bother as you did,

Please don’t NOT do it again as it might just be the one person that really does appreciate it.

Edited at 06:30 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

In my opinion, you don’t do the right thing for the reward (whatever that may be). You do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I learnt at a young age not to hold others to my own standards - thus far it’s served me well.

There’s nowt as queer as folk - as the saying goes.

I would do the right thing and take reasonable steps to try and locate it’s owner, because that is what I would like someone to do if I were to ever lose my things. Someone’s appreciation (or lack of) would not deter my actions in the future.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread