Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I love cats and dogs but I don’t really want to share crockery with them
Nobody has said that they “share” crockery with their pets. I presume you have been to a restaurant, in which case you have eaten off plates that hundreds of other people have eaten off. That does not mean that you have shared crockery with strangers.

Edited at 04:54 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Never have any of ours been allowed but since we moved into the Grannyflat our first ever small breed a frenchie has tried her luck
Licking the plates as they go in the dish washer she never ever touch a plate left on the floor even with a steak dinner on it take anything from the floor stoped by the grand kids even sits right beside then on the sofa when they are having a snack never lifts her head refuses to take anything they offer till DH or I say ok
She's a member of a pack and it's, not acceptable so she's had a few
Lessons no don't you dare
I.e. Lifted off the dish washer door put to the back of the pack when she's done it they get a very small treat she gets nothing
Our dog sitters say she's tried it once with them over the last 3 weeks
And got the same response don't you dare
They do all get what's left and suitable but only at there next meal
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve read most of this thread and it’s really interesting how different we all are, and what we find disgusting!

I let my dog sleep on the bed and she too licks plates once we’ve finished our meal (depending on what we’ve eaten). It’s actually hard loading the dishwasher as she is desperately trying to ‘clean’ the plates as part of her ‘spaniel pre-wash’ routine!

But someone commented on not agreeing with plate licking, but didn’t seem to mind a cat walking across the kitchen surfaces - I find that gross (but perhaps that’s because I’m a dog lover and not really in to cats at all!)

I don’t know if it’s stilll said, but growing up we were told that children are generally more healthy growing up in a house of pets than not - certainly my children are rarely ill compared to their peers - perhaps all of this plate licking is building their immunity? ! 🙂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Could not do that...Lily has her own 4 plates bought in a charity shop...all her food goes on them.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post

I don’t know if it’s stilll said, but growing up we were told that children are generally more healthy growing up in a house of pets than not - certainly my children are rarely ill compared to their peers - perhaps all of this plate licking is building their immunity? ! 🙂
I think that's correct but it's a case of balance. Getting some germs to fight, but not too many and no really bad ones is the way to go, but obviously somewhat difficult to manage.
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
Can I just ask those saying that it’s ok, if you walked in the kitchen and found specks of dog mess on a plate, would you wash it and put it back in the cupboard or would you bin the whole plate?

For me it would be straight in the bin
So the dog is not house trained. Now that throws an even bigger issue into the equation.

Just as a matter of interest, was such plate already on the floor, put down by said owner for dog to lick or did the dog jump up on to a work surface to deficate.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
So the dog is not house trained. Now that throws an even bigger issue into the equation.

Just as a matter of interest, was such plate already on the floor, put down by said owner for dog to lick or did the dog jump up on to a work surface to deficate.
Lol! I think the point they were making is that dogs lick their ‘bits’. So they were trying to go that next step to say those of us who let our dogs lick things, are in effect letting them spread the faeces they’ve licked into our plates - at least I think that’s what they were saying! 😂

Edited at 09:18 AM. Reason: Put son instead of dog!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
This made me laugh, the amount of times I've had human poo on my hands from son and grandchildren, also from dog as the bag has split because of my nails. My hands are still on the end of my arms, not binned them yet
How about throwing out shoes, when you accidentally tread in dog poo, left by inconsiderate owners, I would have also constantly run out of baby grows too! Or how about the accidents on the carpet when they are being potty trained! Your comment made me chuckle

I don’t let my dog lick our plates, it’s just not for me tbh, but we are all different. I wouldn’t let our cat walk on the kitchen worktops either, but my dog does lick my face but never my mouth. I find it interesting how we all allow different things.

I always pull my tops down over my hands, so that I avoid touching the door handles of toilets or wait for someone else to open the door People do not wash their hands after going to the toilet which I find far more disgusting! Always carry hand sanitizer on me.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

No, no no - it just seems dirty! I feel the same when I see people who let dogs lick their face/mouth!

I totally love dogs but no licky!
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have always let our dog lick the plates. Never even though twice about it as they're washed afterwards. I've also never been too worried about our dog licking our daughter, they're the best of friends and I'm sure it will help build her immunity.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List