Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Mar 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Canaries AI between christmas/new year

After a recommendation for travelling @boxing day out to the Canaries for a week

looking for a weeks AI 4* + with a few caveats

ideally more than just the buffet restaurant
close to some other bars/eateries/walks out/shops
more than likely taking daughters pal so need a studio room* rather than a 'hotel' room with only one room with beds in

Have been looking at Maspalomas, Gran Canaria but looking for recommendations where to stay, but open to any suggestions

* Rooms at Belive costa los gigantes are just this a main bedroom then a sittinng room with a double sofa bed

we have stayed at belive above 4 times so looking for a change

tia
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

We are at Gran Castillo Tagoro in Lanzarote at the moment. They have family suites which I believe have 2 bedrooms and a massive balcony.
There is the usual buffet restaurant on site, and an Italian and Chinese which is included on AI but have to book. There is also an a la carte restaurant on site you have to pay for.
Adult only pool area. But other pools are great too, and all but 1 is heated. Shops and a few restaurants are right outside. Or a lovely 15-20 min walk to Marina Rubicon where there are some great restaurants and shops. Playa Blanca town is another 15 mins walk from the Marina.
Second day here and really enjoying it.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

^^ thanks will have a proper look online later
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

blatantly bumping this thread

ta
Old 30 Apr 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went to playa Blanca in Lanzarote at Christmas last year and we loved playa Blanca. We stayed at the Lanzarote princess which was a fab location for shops/bars/restaurants but we had a family room which was literally a slightly bigger room with a curtain we could pull between the sleeping area and the lounge area where our son was sleeping so the hotel may not be suitable. I highly recommend the resort though.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Are you set on a hotel?

When we go to Lanzarote we always hire a villa (usually in Playa Blanca) and a car, I much prefer it from hotels for all the obvious reasons of space and privacy.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Are you set on a hotel?

When we go to Lanzarote we always hire a villa (usually in Playa Blanca) and a car, I much prefer it from hotels for all the obvious reasons of space and privacy.
yes def a hotel, want to spend a week doing literally nothing, cant be doing with cooking etc

also having potentially x2 14 year olds in tow then we need other girls their age and stuff to do...

thanks anyway for reply
Old 2 May 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
yes def a hotel, want to spend a week doing literally nothing, cant be doing with cooking etc

also having potentially x2 14 year olds in tow then we need other girls their age and stuff to do...

thanks anyway for reply
I don't cook on holiday, we always hire a nice villa that's within walking distance of restaurants / the beach / volcano. Some will also provide a maid service if you don't want to make the beds etc.

I can't be doing with big European hotels, people crowding round the pool for the day or the feeding frenzies at AI restaurants, I find our own villa far more relaxing and everyone has their own space.

I guess I'm lucky though that my kids have always been content with a pool and/or the ocean, they've never craved the entertainment you see at hotels.

Enjoy, I was trying to talk my lot into Christmas & NY in Lanzarote after finding out I'll be off over Christmas, but none of them want to go!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List