Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Jan 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Its great that one of your last snack credits used was on a pineapple float. I really fancy one NOW!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Really enjoyed this report, thanks for posting

We are going to try The Wave for breakfast on our trip in Aug, just impatiently waiting for our 180 day mark so I can book.
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

All looks delicious <3
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You had some great food during your week at GF
Joan
We certainly did, we felt very spoiled

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Just caught up and loving your food report so far.
I've read lots of good things about The Wave but have yet to try it.

Thanks for taking the time to share
Thank you. I can't praise The Wave highly enough, it's a fabulous restaurant. Just don't tell anyone!

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
All caught up with your posts - you had some fab food! I had the steak at Be Our Guest in 2015 and it was one of my favourite meals of that trip
We booked Be Our Guest more out of curiosity than anything else and were pleasantly surprised by just how good it was. I had expected a bit of a bunfight and it was anything but.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Its great that one of your last snack credits used was on a pineapple float. I really fancy one NOW!
There's never really a wrong time for one is there!

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Really enjoyed this report, thanks for posting

We are going to try The Wave for breakfast on our trip in Aug, just impatiently waiting for our 180 day mark so I can book.
Thank you. They do both a buffet and an a la carte breakfast but pretty much all the menu items are available on the buffet anyway. It's a lovely breakfast and then you can take a nice gentle stroll over to the Magic Kingdom to walk it all off afterwards.

Originally Posted by wozza View Post
All looks delicious <3
It makes me hungry all over again writing about it
Old 3 Jan 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Day Eight

Day Eight

So, with the dining plan no more we ate a simple breakfast in our room using things that we either had left over or had used our remaining snack credits on yesterday.

We had only ever visited Wilderness Lodge very briefly in the past, so we spent the morning getting to know our new surroundings and dipping in and out of the pool. Staying on site, we had lunch at the relatively new Geyser Point Bar & Grill. It was in a lovely setting and felt very much like a beach bar, except that it overlooked Bay Lake instead of the sea. Towels were provided for oiks like us to sit on as we were still a bit damp from the pool, which was a nice touch.
Sean started with a can of his favourite Longboard beer

While I opened with a Pina Colava

There were lots of things on the menu we would both enjoy and choosing was difficult.

Sean eventually opted for a grilled crispy chicken sandwich with waffle fries

I had a grilled chicken salad

Cost $45.51, which we paid by wringing out the last bit of credit left on our gift card, making up the balance and the tip with cash. This was a lovely place to eat. The food was excellent and there was a lovely, relaxed feel to the place. We chose to dine in but there is also a take out window alongside the restaurant building. If we ever find ourselves back at Wilderness Lodge we’ll definitely be eating here again.

After a bit more lazing around we took the boat launch over to the Magic Kingdom for some festive fun.

We collected our wristbands as soon as we could, at about 4:15, but as the party proper doesn’t start until 7:00pm, we had an ice cream first – an All American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, which we shared. Cost $6.17

Pluto also came out with us and got refilled a couple of times. Each refill cost $1.50 and he held a fair bit, so this was something of a bargain.

As we were on Main Street, we made our way back down towards Town Square to watch the flag retreat ceremony, something we like to try and do at least once on every trip.

Once the party began, the treat stations opened. In the past we’ve only ever had cookies, hot chocolate and apple slices regardless of which station we were at but this time there were different things at different stations, including iced cookies, soft salted pretzels and snow cones. We felt this was a big improvement on previous years and were so busy scoffing it all we didn't take any photos

Our first couple of hours were spent waiting to meet the seven dwarfs as we’d never done this before. It was a long wait but it was a fun interaction.

Before the fireworks began we needed to eat, so we headed to Pecos Bill. This and Columbia Harbour House are the only quick service places in the Magic Kingdom that we really like (I don’t include Be Our Guest in this as it’s a bit of a different animal).

We ordered beef nachos to share, cheese on the side, a coffee and an iced water. The CM saw our anniversary buttons, insisted that we needed a coffee each and insisted that the second one was on her. The coffees took a while to prepare as something in the machine needed sorting out, so when they were finally ready she apologised profusely and added a MVMCP yule log cake to our tray, again on the house. We added a few bits from the toppings bar and had plenty of food for the two of us for the princely sum of $16.28

The rest of the evening was spent watching the fireworks and the parade, going on a couple of rides and finding some different photopass opportunities. This was our favourite:

Old 3 Jan 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

How cute is Sean in his Christmas lights 😁

Loving the food, wave is on the list for November

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoying reading along. 😊🎄
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
How cute is Sean in his Christmas lights 😁

Loving the food, wave is on the list for November
I thought they were a bit trailer trashy but he insisted on getting them. More tat for the Disney box

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Enjoying reading along. 😊🎄
Thank you.
Old 7 Jan 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Day Nine

Day Nine

Although we don’t appear to have consumed a lot of food today, there was still one noteworthy eating event. I’ll come to it in a moment.

First of all breakfast. As you will recall, we are now eating in straitened circumstances as we no longer have the DDP, although our refillable mugs are still working. So today’s breakfast was very similar to yesterday’s, with the addition of a Jordan’s Frusli bar each which we had brought from home. We never travel without at least one box of these, as they are useful for park snacks if we don’t use them for breakfast.

We spent the morning in the Magic Kingdom and it eventually came to pass. Something we had intended to achieve on a number of previous trips but had never quite managed. Today it happened at last. We went to Sleepy Hollow, where WE FINALLY ATE FUNNEL CAKE.

Having heard various comments on the Dibbcast and in numerous food reports, we knew it was going to be a bit of a marmite kind of a thing. It actually wasn’t that bad and was certainly nowhere nearly as greasy as we were expecting. We had one between us and finished it without difficulty so it can’t have been that bad. Rob, if you're reading I hope you're proud of us. Another tick for the bucket list. Cost $7.45

After going back to Wilderness Lodge we took the boat to Fort Wilderness for a late lunch, heading for P & J’s Southern Takeout, which is the QS counter adjacent to Trail’s End. We made a bit of an error with this one by choosing the Giddyap and Go to share, which gave us eight pieces of chicken served with cornbread plus two sides – we had coleslaw and macaroni cheese. As we had our mugs with us we didn’t need to buy drinks.

The original plan was to have a picnic on the beach but it was very hot so we decided to stay inside in the air conditioned dining area. It was a vast amount of food and of course we didn’t eat half of it. We carefully packed up everything that was left over and took it back to Wilderness Lodge with us, where we soon realised it wasn’t going to get eaten and we threw it away. For a family it would have been excellent value at $24.92 but it was far too much for two people. On reflection we should each have ordered a Lone Rider, which would have given us each two pieces of chicken, cornbread and two sides, which would probably still have been more than enough.

After a quick stop to put our festive gear back on we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at Hollywood Studios. Neither my receipts nor my photos would suggest that we had a meal here so we must have been really full from our lunch. All we had was an ice cream each from Hollywood Scoops, a vanilla cone for Sean and a butter pecan cup for me. Cost $11.27

As there is a distinct lack of food photos today, here are a couple of pictures of the Tower of Terror in all its Christmas finery instead.

After watching the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM show we headed back to Wilderness Lodge and had a drink in the Territory Lounge before turning in for the night. I had a Bahama Mama and Sean had a Moosehead beer.

The drinks were good but there was hardly anyone else in the lounge and it didn’t have much atmosphere, so probably not somewhere we would hurry back to. Cost $18.64
Old 7 Jan 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love seeing the festive photos alongside the food photos. The bahama mama looks tasty and tower of terror looks awesome with the projections.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List