Notices

Old 28 Dec 18, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry to read such a sad report.
Hoping you have all been there for each other over what will no doubt have been a sad few days this week.
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry for your loss

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

So sorry for your loss. I, unfortunately, have also had to cut a trip short due to the death of a close family member. I can still remember the phone call from home now and how far away and helpless I felt.
Although I'm sure it's not at the forefront of your mind, I'm so pleased to see that most of the companies you booked with were helpful and refunded you. Your phone call to Virgin sounded very similar to mine, they really need to train their staff to at least try to sound sympathetic!
With regards to the doctor and the insurance, I managed to get the doctor to fill out the form - although I did have to pay an admin fee. This was 10 years ago though, so maybe the rules have changed a bit.
I hope your 2019 holidays go well.

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

So sorry to read your trip report. We had to come home early from our very first Florida trip as my FIL had attempted suicide and was in hospital. I remember the feelings oh so well. I hope writing it up helped, I think it did for me. I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip next time. Hugs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I'm so sorry for your loss. Such a sad situation and anyone's worse nightmare.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Swimmer68
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss - thank you for sharing
Swimmer68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 04:08 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm so sorry for your loss. It was hard enough when my Mum deteriorated very suddenly in similar circumstances and I couldn't get to her in time from fifty miles away - that must have been the longest 24 hours of your lives <hug>

Forget the receptionists - speak directly to the practice manager . If you already have the doctor is answerable to your local health authority. As your Mum died in hospital - it's possible it's the hospital who needs to complete it though as she was under their care at the time.

Wishing you peace and healing - it doesn't matter how old we are - we are too young to lose a parent. My Mother in law is 93 , in amazingly good health but having gone through it with my own parents -I know it's inevitable and it does cross my mind every time I book a holiday as my husband is an only child. You did the right thing going though - she'd have fretted if you'd cancelled.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mater
Proud to wear my Ears

So sorry to read of your loss. Sitting in tears reading it.

Covid happened and a few different holidays then back to Orlando in 2024.

August 2024 - Rosen Shingle Creek / Loews Royal Pacific
Mater is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you felt. So glad you got refunds. Hope you have better times in 2019
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Such a sad trippie, I hope your latest trip was enjoyable and we will be treated to a new trip report as your style and detail is lovely